Arizona Traveler

geekomatic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anybody ever heard of an Arkansas Traveler?<br />I just bought one with a trailer and an old Evinrude 18hp.Could not pass up the price.The boat is an old classic-looking Runabout,which I've always wanted.Can't seem to find any info on the boat itself. It's gonna need a LOT of TLC, but I have plenty of time and patience....<br />Any info is appreciated.

geekomatic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Arizona Traveler

OK, Make that an "Arkansas Traveler"<br />Sorry.

D

DJ

If you have a full resto job on your hands, I would sugeest splitting your post. One for the motor and one for the boat.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

You mean something like this? Don't know anything about them. Never heard of them. Don't know what they look like or where to get info. I think it's just a figment of your imagination...<br /><br />
arktravb60001.jpg
<br /><br />Ok, ok, ok, I'm just pulling your leg. I found this at www.fiberglassics.com under Arkansas Traveler, then click on the brochures link on the left. There are more brochures for various years there.<br /><br />Mark

geekomatic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Man, That is just beautiful.<br />From the model number on the little plate under the transom, It looks like I've got myself a 1958<br />Rocket.The hull seems to be in amazingly good shape after I spent fours hours cleaning out the "red wiggler farm" in it.I actually filled it up with about 400 gallons of water.No leaks! The paint has been done with a couple of dozen rattle cans, so it's gotta go.The rub-rail has rotted away, but the screws for it are all still sticking out of the boat.Can't budge the things,either.Not too sure how I plan to handle that.The windshield is missing.The dash had an 8 track tape player mounted in it!! It has since been disposed of,but now I got a nice sawed-out hole.I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me, but I hope I can have it in the water by spring of next year.Thanks for the goodies!

D

DJ

geekomatic,<br /><br />Look at ypour post in the Restoration thread.

wmsartin

Cadet

Hey, I'm just getting started with this, but I too am restoring a classic arkansas traveller boat, its a 14 foot stern drive with a 15 horse Evinrude that uses the pressurized tank system, I am working on converting the engine over to run the same fuel system as a normal evinrude but cant seem to get the engine to keep the fuel pump working. In the section with the reed valves there is a little rubber flapper device, is that the check valve that I need to remove or is the check in the tank. Thanks for any help I can get