Model E2RCSM 2jp

frisk

Recruit
I was just given an Evinrude 2hp engine model E2RCSM in very good condition. Can anyone give me some info on this motor or point me in the right direction for information?<br /><br />Thanks.....

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Model E2RCSM 2jp

E = Evinrude<br />2 = 2 hp<br />R = Rope Start<br />CS = 1980 Model Year<br />M = M'th production run<br /><br />If you can swing a wrench, order a repair manual for it from this site. OEM manuals can be bought from a Johnson/Evinrude dealer. There's more information in them then you'll care to know. :) <br /><br />Good luck!

frisk

Recruit

If you can swing a wrench, order a repair manual for it from this site. OEM manuals can be bought from a Johnson/Evinrude dealer. There's more information in them then you'll care to know.
Thanks for the info. I've already been tinkering but a manual sure will come in handy. <br /><br />I took apart the rope starter spring by accident, but managed to get it back together without much problem. I don't want to screw up anything else.<br /><br />thanks.

Paul Moir

Admiral

Most of the manual won't tell you something you couldn't figure out yourself. It's the 10% of it that tells you little things to look out for, and helpful ideas, plus things like torque & tuneup specs that make them so useful. <br />Glad to here the spring didn't bite you. It's probably the worst thing to mess with. :)