jack plate

fire-engine

Cadet
just purchased used boat with j/p with 120 evinrude, works fine going down with weight of motor, but going up differant story dealer said put brushes in motor , but really strains trying to lift, thats just on trailer! in water under way will not lift. could dealer be telling me a story? or could it be hydraulics in a bind or plate itself. any info would help,thanks.

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: jack plate

Any idea who the j/p manufacturer is? Is it a single unit or is the pump remote?<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

fire-engine

Cadet

the side of the lift on the transom say's POWER LIFT, i couldn't find any markings on the hyd. pump. the pump and lift are two seperate units, the pump is in such an awkard pos. that i can't see any markings even used a mirrow just can't get to the back side. If i do have to buy a new pump could someone give me an idea on $ for one?

fire-engine

Cadet

thanks DHADLEY for the info at least now I know who makes it and where i can get parts thanks alot

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Youre welcome. Let us know how you make out.<br /><br />Good luck!

fire-engine

Cadet

spent all day just tinkering,and assessing the situation came up with the plate is in a bind I guess from sitting a long time a lot of corrision put lots of grease and put charger on batt. and went up and dn alll day it has freed up a bit. thanks again

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Glad ta hear it and thanks for getting back to us and lettin' us know how ya made out.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty