1983 Evinrude 15 hp questions

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well, with the help of several people on here, I've managed to get everything apart that I needed to fix. I even know how to get everything back together, however, I just have a few questions about getting it back together.<br /><br />1. For the past few years, I've been having trouble getting the motor to stop. Now the start button itself works...tested conductivity, so I assume that its the power pack...How hard is it to replace this piece and is it an expensive fix?<br /><br />2. When putting the flywheel on, should I put grease on the shaft before putting the flywheel on and if so, what kind...will axle grease do?<br /><br />3. The flywheel was a pain the the butt to get off, and I can only imagine that it would be the same goin back on...can I use a rubber mallet to "aid" me in gettin it back on?<br /><br />4. The gaskets for the carb...both the resevoir on the bottom and where it attaches to the block...if they are in good condition ie.. not ripped, torn or worn, can I re-use them?<br /><br />5. Is there anything I should be looking for in regards to wear and tear on the inside of the flywheel or the green parts that are under it...I'm think they are the points?? I could be wrong...<br /><br />6. What is the torque on the nut that holds the flywheel on?<br /><br />Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xcusme

Commander
Re: 1983 Evinrude 15 hp questions

Silens,<br /><br />I see that you've re-posted the same questions as your original post, back on January 26th. It's best to revisit your original post if you need further help. If you still need help, just go back to your original post and add a reply. Keeping a single thread open, keeps everyone on the same page and it's easier to get you the help/advice you need.