Rebuilding Carburetors

ranger 360

Cadet
Well I finally got my Seloc repair manual today so I could start to rebuild my carbs my kits are going to be here tomorrow,But I already pulled the top Carb on my 1989 GT 150 and have a problem that I don,t really see the answer in the book of course I just got it.While taking off the Top carb there is a real small rubber hose coming into the top of the carb when I when to pull it off the nipple broke off. Now Question does the little brass part that is in the carb come out are just what?I hope I made this clear enough for a answer.

D

DJ

Re: Rebuilding Carburetors

puffen,<br /><br />I'm not familiar with those particular carbs. However, whenever you "break" something. That is not good.<br /><br />With that said, you may need a new carb. body. Those are not hard to come by. You may want to try here.<br /><br /><br />www.twincityoutboard.com

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

That small hose is the primer hose. The brass nipple has a slight taper fit. You can twist it out with a pliers. I would have to look, but I'm sure that nipple is available.

ranger 360

Cadet

Thank so much for you help R.Johnson and Dj I will give it a try tomorrow.If comes out I am sure I can replace it I just did not want to start trying remove until I understood what it was for.

BillP

Captain

You could probably seal off that hole with a screw and the other carbs would still do the cold starting. Especially here in Fla.

ranger 360

Cadet

Thanks Billp for your help But I was able to get the old brass fitting out And replaced with a small fuel line connector and it looks great .

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Not real sure but I think the commercial parts book might list the nipple puffen. Some things you'll find in the commercial motors books ya' won't find in the regular parts book......I just don't have one.... :(