Generator

krb113

Petty Officer 3rd Class
WHAT A GREAT FORUM!!<br /> I have been reading for a couple months and this has been very informative to me! I have been GIVEN!! a 15-1/2' Thunderhawke ski boat if I would "get rid of it" just to get the '71 E'rude Ski Twin 40 horse (Model #40153G). <br /> I have a '62 John. that has the generator on it that I would like to hook up in this boat but unclear what I need in the way of a volt. reg. or is it needed. Only had this for about 2 wks. and have not ordered a manual yet but will. <br /> Any help or comments, which I know I will get, will be appreciated. GOT TO LOVE THAT RIVER!

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Generator

Welcome to Iboats, KB!<br /><br />You do need a regulator. A regulator from a 1960 Ford Falcon (VR 203) will work. Have a look at the following thread:<br /> Thread, click here.<br /><br />Hope this helps!<br /><br />PS - I don't know if you know this, but the generator isn't that great. It'll only produce 10 amps at full throttle, and it won't produce anything until around 2000 rpms. It's not a big deal to run without it unless you have electric shift.

krb113

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Generator

Thanks Paul,<br /><br /> I knew they weren't that great but I thought it might be handy if you were running a radio/tape deck, etc. Since I had the belt, gen.,brackets it might be useful but may not be worth the trouble.<br /> Do have one problem. The "window" where you detach the shifter rod to do water pump maint. is missing on this motor. Looks like from most all of my other motors that they are the same. Anyone have any spares I could purchase?