VRO oil hose

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Recently there was a post about what was suitable hose for the VRO oil line to the engine. The post got sidetracked and I don't think that question got answered. I can't find the post anyway. My hose is too short, so what is suitable hose for the VRO oil line? OMC dealers are across the bay or up county and a pain to get to. Is there a suitable alternative at an auto parts or marine store? Also the service manual says not to use worm gear hose clamps which is what the previous owner used. Are spring clamps OK or should I bite the bullet and get the OMC hose and clamps? I don't what to damage my engine and I don't want people on the forum to yell at me for making a cheap mistake.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: VRO oil hose

hello<br /> in the absence of OMC lines<br /> use any good quaility 1/4" ID fuel hose.<br /> the clamps are called snapper clamps. worm screw clamps tend to get over tightend and crush the plasitc fittings.<br /> snapper clamps of the correct size can be purchased at napa stores.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: VRO oil hose

Jimd,<br /><br />I know my VRO hose is not removable from the primer bulb. If you want a longer hose you will need a splice type connector that is barbed on both ends so it can't work loose and more snapper clamps. The brass connecters are much stronger than the plastic connecters. Avoid using things like smooth 1/4" copper tube because the hose can get pulled off much easier than with a barbed connector. Like rodbolt said, the auto part store should be able to help you, or maybe the hardware store. <br /><br />Mark