help no tilt lever

whiteox3

Seaman Apprentice
have a used 25hp evenrude runs great my problem is i cannot find a tilt lever.it's a 94 model and this is a big problem when trailering the boat.I always thought that all out boards had a way to tilt. please help don

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: help no tilt lever

The tilt lever or tilt lock lever as it's called, should be right over the starboard transom bracket. If it ain't there or is broke, the parts are still available to repair.

whiteox3

Seaman Apprentice

checked not a thing broke.I know it has to have a tilt lock. And I still havent ben able to find a manual for it. this is driveing me crazy. thanks for the reply Don

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

whiteox3

Seaman Apprentice

No the problem is I can not find any kind of lever or buttion to tilt the motor. the only thing it's got is a shaft that you pull out and lind it up with the holes. I belive this to be used when you are dtiveing the boat and again it wont tilt enough for travling on trailer. thanks don

whiteox3

Seaman Apprentice

Checked and rechecked can not find a tilt lock this motor has no forward controls. Installed the motor tighten the to large screw's that hold to tran. now siting in the boat and looking back I see the throutle handel which moves up and down I have a kill switch with a plastic clip when removed the motor stops dead. the only other control is the chock button. now under the motor on the rigth side is a small lever that moves when it's given throutle . on the left side I can not find any thing. only the lever that releass the motor cover. I really need help to find out how to tilt this motor Don

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer

Can you raise the engine by hand and look beneath the transom bracket? I saw one once (it wasn't a Rude) that had a manual trailer support that you simply pushed up and down.. The guy had to raise and lower the engine with a special grip made just for that purpose. Keep looking, there has to be a bracket on it someplace.<br />Stalker

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer

Whitox 3:<br /> If you still can't find it, can you take a few pictures of the engine both up and down and post them for us to take a look at? <br />Stalker

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Don....that shaft in those holes, if you feel along it, you should feel two half hooks over it. Push them up and the engine should swing up. They should push easy enough to unlatch from the pivot pin. Then you can get a better look at what you got between the transom brackets.

whiteox3

Seaman Apprentice

Thank's guy's It looks like the grease worms have ben at it.I can now move it up and down I dont know how to lock it in place but i might be able to chain it in place. I live in Aus. and the days are hot 90 to 100 so i cant wait to get to the water. safe boating don

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Don, the control box is a single lever box, right? When you first push it forward or reverse, the engine shifts. You should have two control cables and a wire harness going from the control box to the motor. The shift cable connects to the engine inside the cowl on the right side, the throttle on the left side.<br /><br />When you raise the engine, you should see two flat plates with long slots in them. Raise the engine till it snaps in place. Should stay if the tilt lock lever is in the tilt position.