carburetor 56 Johnson

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
It would help if you described the spring somewhat. Was it atached to the arm just under the throttle roller? If so, one end of the spring goes through the hole in that arm with the other end going through a small hole just above the intake manifold.<br /><br />The only other spring would be to actuate the choke.

Max_Door

Seaman Apprentice
carburetor 56 Johnson

Hello, you guys helped me rebuild and repair my old 56 15hp motor. It is running, but rough, still need to adjust the carb out, but unfortunately one of the carb springs I cannot recall exactly how it is attached, was wondering if anyone knew of a link of a diagram of how that carburetor looks from the outside? If only I knew of someone else around here who had a motor like that one..

Max_Door

Seaman Apprentice
Re: carburetor 56 Johnson

It is not the throttle roller spring, is was connected to the choke I believe, it is about 2 or 2 1/2" long. Just not clear on to what it is supposed to be connected.<br /><br />Thanks again Joe

Max_Door

Seaman Apprentice
Re: carburetor 56 Johnson

Also, seems to be running not too terribly, but idles a bit rough and pops and alot of blue smoke, pretty sure my oil mixture is too rich, could that cause this?