New T-shirt

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Whatcha think 12 footer? It will go good with my Infidel T-shirt and maybe yours as well.

speak_english.jpg

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: New T-shirt

Why not just get one that says Bigot? :eek: Might as well keep it short and to the point.
( I haven't been Poofed for quite awhile. I figure I'm overdue. ;) )

So did your great great grandaddy speak English when he came over here? Should we retroactively ship out all of our Native Americans of past millenia? Seems to me English is also an imported language, eh? Maybe we should change that to United States Of Americanish. Cuz our version of English is rife with words borrowed from other languages. When was the last time you heard of a Tornado in England for instance? How about Buffalo Sabres? Isn't Sabre ... dare I say it ... French??? :D ( There, this paragraph should survive the Wrath of Mod. ;) )

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

My great great granddaddy learned to speak english pretty dartn fast if he wanted to be considered an American Ill bet........

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

OK bigot
And yes they did speak english, the came from England.
And once again willy, you are like a lib broken record. I am tired of having to press 1 to get an english speaking person. I am tired of paying for these ILLEGAL immagrants health care, education, et all. I am tired of them not assumulating to Amreica. I am tired of the burning of the American flag and the raising of the Mexican flag in the US. I am tired of all the PC carp concerning ILLEGAL immagrants and their
Constitutional rights that they think they have as non citizans of this country. I'm tired of Illegal drug runners sueing the Border patrol agents and the agent going to jail for doing their job.
So if that makes me a bigot, so be it.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Seems I hit nerve. Mission accomplished. Soon as you calm down, go back and edit your spelling. I'm not pleased about illegal immigration either. But please don't lump all immigrants into that category. And please don't be offended. I was just making a point. America is the great melting pot of culture. Revel in that blessing. Don't lambast it. You happen to be one of US. :)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

It's not immagrants I have A problem with, They have always been welcome. It's ILLEGAL immagranrs that is my problem. Plain, simple and to the point.

BOBPELL

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Whatcha think 12 footer? It will go good with my Infidel T-shirt and maybe yours as well.

speak_english.jpg

That was my avatar - I never saved the pic so I need to get thew pic again
unless someone else saved it.

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, my great-grandparents came from Italy. When they arrived (Great Grandpop 3 years ahead of Great Grandma) neither could read or write, or speak English. However, the English they learned real fast, and the reading and writing came soon after that. They came WANTING to become American Citizens, to reach for the American Dream, and be a part of it.

The difference with the Illegal Immigrants is they want to STEAL the American Dream and still be what they are/were. Big difference in the two. One helps America, adds to its richness and flavor. The other takes away from it. Yep, big difference between Legal Immigrants and Illegal Immigrants ...

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

And that T-Shirt differentiates between Illegals and Legals how? All I see is an obscene piece of cloth that is offensive and bigoted that I wouldn't even want to defile a garbage heap with. It seems to me that anybody that would have the audacity to promote such a thing must also be obscene and bigoted. If Uncle Sam were a real person, there'd be a lawsuit for sure. How DARE you endorse an icon of our country founded on Freedom by Immigrants in such a foul and spiteful manner! Maybe YOU that find it so appealing should GET OUT! And take Gee Willikers Bush with you. Heck, he's practically Invited the illegals in. Where's your righteous indignation about that? :confused:

In no way am I defending Illegals here. Just those that legally desire to come in on invitation to live OR VISIT that most certainly would be VERY offended by that hateful piece of trash. That is, if they could understand it. I mean give it a scintilla of thought. IF YOU CAN READ IT, YOU CAN SPEAK IT! It's ONLY purpose is to foster Hate among those that can. Don't be a dupe. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

If you really want to send that message to those for which it is intended, do it in Spanish. Now wouldn't that be paradoxical?

Last edited:

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

rwise

Captain

The language of the land is American English!
Learn to speak enuf of it to get by or go home!
It should be the law!
Later,,,,

PW2

Commander

Don't you know, Willy, this is the "Land of the free" and it will remain free, as long as everyone marches in lockstep with how everyone else and the government tells us to march.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I guess those that think that saying it s.l.o.w.e.r and L.O.U.D.E.R makes their words understandable will think that writing it IN BIG RED LETTERS will make their words understandable too. :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Studlimandingo, that was bigoted, how dare you......Drunk, cowboys from Texas have every right to........ well......be drunk cowboys.........Allthough there speach may be slurred, at least we can communicate and not have to have all of our government papers printed once in english and on the back printed in drunk cowboy........or have I ever had to dail #2 to get the Drunk cowboy opperator.....Come to think about it Drunk cowboys are perferable to people who move here and refuse to learn English.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Gosh! With such attitudes I wonder why they don't feel the need to associate on a verbal level and prefer to stay in their own cultural niche. ;) (Oh No! I just used another of those Non-English words. :eek: )

Hey, it bothers me too. But I choose to accept it and let their bilingual children translate for me the one or two times each decade it might become necessary. I have far worse things beyond my control to lose sleep over. :)

aspeck

Staff member

But there in lies another problem, Willy - many refuse to speak English at home, thereby making it difficult for their children to be bi-lingual. Then when they have difficulty in schools, the schools have to spend more money for IEP's so the children can learn, when it could have been solved with an attitude change towards this country and the desire to integrate.

I am not saying they "LOSE" their culture, but if they are immigrating to this country they should embrace THIS culture also. I do a good bit of work in Ghana and when there I try to integrate as much as possible with the local culture. English is the official language of the country, but I am constantly trying to learn the local languages and dialects (which are many and varied). I do this because I chose to be there and I am no longer a visitor, but a part of the country. Just as I feel those that come here for more than a visit should do.

That is just my opinion, and because this is a free country, I am free to have it and you are free to have a different one and even ridicule mine if you so desire. Ain't it great to live in a free country!?!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I disagree with you far less than you think. But I'm not aware that Freedom Of Speech is limited to English speech. Freedom is what we're all about, and I'm very much a live-and-let-live kinda guy. That's my idea of freedom. I highly doubt that anybody has ever broken a finger pushing 1 for English. I wonder just how much Chinatown has integrated compared to generations past. I fully expect the same regarding Mexican immigrants in generations to come. I also wonder about Canada's attitude toward significantly French Quebec. Regarding use of public resources for illegals, I'm in complete agreement. But when a country uses slave labor to the extent that our country has and does, ... well I guess there are some things that just go along with that. I just wish more of our own coddled citizens had such a work ethic as illegals seem to have. Maybe then our economy wouldn't be so dependent on them.