7-Eleven Dropping Venezuela-Backed Citgo

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 7-Eleven Dropping Venezuela-Backed Citgo

yep
JB

I got 50 K ill place against yours in the oil market, at the end of the next 3 years we will see.
wanna bet ?
no priniple will be involved we will just play with the intrest.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sure, rodbolt.. Oil can financially make or break us.
But then, there is principle.
Pride and principle never fed the farm. Still, not all farmers are greedy. BTW, I have switched to a "HESS VISA" (in case you were wondering about the other thread 'best gas card' thing}. I feel better, and got a better rate in the effort! :)

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ken you are correct.

The Chinese will happily buy the gas we refuse to buy.

LadyFish

Admiral

In our area, Citgo has had to drop the price of their gas as much as $.17 below the rest in order to sell it.

rwise

Captain

here there isn't more than .02 dif in any station! citgo or what,,,

KaGee

Admiral

rodbolt said:
BP ? sunnoco? Exxon? all buy crude from VE.

According to the latest DOE print out I just read, BP's crude oil imports came mostly from Canada and -0- barrells of crude from VE.

Most of SUNOCO's crude came from non-OPEC countries in Africa. They did import some from VE, but so little as to be insignificant.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

thats the funny thing, oil is sold on the world market.
if china buys up the excess oil it will market it up and resell it.
all that will happen is the price per barrel will rise.
I dont have a gas caed and only one credit card,american express, only card I have had for about 10 years. I also dont have any ATM or debit cards.
I dont care much for most of our politics and even less for the rest of the worlds.
but one citgo refinery has been sold and 2 others seem to be on the market, the only reason I can see for the sell off of refineries is so Chavez can divert the crude.
if PDVSA has no US refineries they have no other major economic reason to ship oil across the gulf. oil production will remain the same we will just have to buy it third party.
third party means another markup, its capitalism at work.
will be funny to watch the Iraqi mess, the Iraqis are moving towards nationalizing their oil fields as well.
and with a democratically elected US backed govt it will be tough to stop them from doing it.

KaGee

Admiral

Of all the countries listed that shipped crude into the US, there was no listing for China. How come?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I miss your point, rodbolt. I no longer invest in oil or oil companies. . .not even energy companies. I don't intend to, ever again.

My point was that 7-11 made their decision completely aside from any connection to Citgo ownership or Chavez.

Just coincidence.

Why does that spark a challenge? What have you imagined me to say?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

JB
ment nothing, I just think if Chavez gets re-elected we will see a shake up in oil prices.
I dont place much in energy or technology stocks as its way to volitile for me.

I had heard rumours that southland was hunting another supplier for its fuel. I understood it had something to do with the sale of the citgo refineries.

but I worry that we are in for a big energy shake up soon, the katrina/rita thing was an indicator.
but I dont own any citgo stocks and dont plan on any.
I do have some in the EU and the states but none down south that I know of.