Where do I mount speedometerATTN: Hey Baylor...

heybaylor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Where do I mount speedometerATTN: Hey Baylor...

is it a screw on ??<br />does it mount on transom ?

Uh hum. I believe that is what I am asking. Where does it go? Thanx in advance

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I believe the most appropriate place to mount a speedometer is somewhere you can read it while driving the boat. :D <br /><br />Best place to mount a speedometer pickup is on the transom, so the 'fin' part is in a clear stream of water.<br /><br />Hope this helps.... :p :p

According to the "hired hand" it is a Teleflex Morse Marine Speedomoter Pilot[edit pitot][edit agian Pitot, since this a mans name it should be capitalized] Tube 56397P. He went all the way to ******* to get it. Seems to me he should have received some mounting instruction when he bought it but I guess it was so cheap mounting instructions were not included. ;)

Originally posted by achris:<br /> I believe the most appropriate place to mount a speedometer is somewhere you can read it while driving the boat. :D <br /><br />Best place to mount a speedometer pickup is on the transom, so the 'fin' part is in a clear stream of water.<br /><br />Hope this helps.... :p :p
I am sure you had no intention of insulting or riduculing me. But you see I am talking on the phone with another party. I have no idea what this looks like. You had no way of knowing this and so I made myself fair game for any respone and interpretaion that you chose to make. Yes, it does help as far as it goes. May I assume that this would be a position no more than a foot from the side of the boat and that only the fin portion is submerged? I have included some further description but unfortunately your helpful response came in ahead of that post. Thank you so much for your helpful remarks. I look forward to hearing more from you. :rolleyes: You are truly an example of kindness and consideration.

Originally posted by achris:<br /> I believe the most appropriate place to mount a speedometer is somewhere you can read it while driving the boat. :D <br /><br />Best place to mount a speedometer pickup is on the transom, so the 'fin' part is in a clear stream of water.<br /><br />Hope this helps.... :p :p
I am sure you had no intention of insulting or riduculing me. But you see I am talking on the phone with another party. I have no idea what this looks like. You had no way of knowing this and so I made myself fair game for any respone and interpretaion that you chose to make. Yes, it does help as far as it goes. May I assume that this would be a position no more than a foot from the side of the boat and that only the fin portion is submerged? I have included some further description but unfortunately your helpful response came in ahead of that post. Thank you so much for you helpful remarks. I look forward to hearing more from you. :rolleyes: You are truly an example of kindness and consideration. If this double post, I apoligize. I noticed a typo and tried to stop it. I don't know wether it updated or not. Fire at will.

heybaylor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

geeze..stupeedo...mount it on the port side of the lower unit on the transom ...about 10 inches away from it <br /><br />the idea is too have the little hole in the pickup in the water at planeing speed's<br />so mount it about 1 inch below the bottom of the boat .( the hole in the pickup).in a place where you see no obstructions such as "turning strakes " or sumpin on the bottom..<br />clean water , and "in it at speed" is what you want...yep your post "wether" :D updated ....Heh

Geez you couldn't have said that to begin with.<br />Actually I sanded down the surface and found the hole patches from the original pilot. It was about 10 inches from starboard side. <br />Nice talking to you.

achris

TS,<br /><br />Sorry about the sarcasm, just the way I am. :D <br /><br />You'll find the correct name is pitot, pronounced 'pit - o'<br /><br />From Encarta<br />
Pitot tube [p?totyoob] (plural Pitot tubes) noun<br />1.device for measuring fluid velocity: an instrument placed in a moving fluid and used along with a manometer to measure fluid velocity<br /><br />[Late 19th century. Named after the French physicist Henri Pitot 1695–1771, who invented it.]<br /><br />Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999, 2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Chris...............

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is supposed to be a help forum not a contest to see who can waste the most space with meaningless posts. Get a life!!speedo

achris

Originally posted by north40:<br /> This is supposed to be a help forum not a contest to see who can waste the most space with meaningless posts. Get a life!!speedo
What's not helpful about using the correct name for a part? And I have a wonderful life, thank you. :cool: :cool: <br /><br />Chris.......

Dunaruna

Admiral

It's NOT a contest??? :p

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

A Chris, my post not directed at you. I read some of the "Hostile Takeover" post. Anyone with the name of technospeedo should know how to mount a speedo.

Dunaruna

Admiral

North40, it's technostupeedo, a term which means - stupid. He is having a dig at himself for not having technical knowledge (although I believe the exact opposite is true ;) ).<br /><br />Got nothing to do with speedos'.<br /><br />Aldo

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gotya :D Still seems like idle chat to me.

achris

Originally posted by north40:<br /> A Chris, my post not directed at you. I read some of the "Hostile Takeover" post. Anyone with the name of technospeedo should know how to mount a speedo.
I had a look at that thread and yes, he does seem to be rather verbose doesn't he..... :D :D

Originally posted by north40:<br /> This is supposed to be a help forum not a contest to see who can waste the most space with meaningless posts. Get a life!!speedo
No, this supposed be a website to attract potential custormers that has gotten completely out of hand. I went to bed a Petty Officer First Class and woke up a Chief. :)

Originally posted by achris:<br /> TS,<br /><br />Sorry about the sarcasm, just the way I am. :D <br /><br />You'll find the correct name is pitot, pronounced 'pit - o'<br /><br />From Encarta<br />
Pitot tube [p?totyoob] (plural Pitot tubes) noun<br />1.device for measuring fluid velocity: an instrument placed in a moving fluid and used along with a manometer to measure fluid velocity<br /><br />[Late 19th century. Named after the French physicist Henri Pitot 1695–1771, who invented it.]<br /><br />Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999, 2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Chris...............
Are you kidding me? What you said was funny, what I replied was sarcasm. I am changing my handle to techtoosweeto. Did you hear the one about the man of few words? Stay tuned