115 Performance

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 115 Performance

The same place you find regulator duty parts .. Don't be surprized if the part numbers are the same. :p

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Most of the regular's here will tell you to work with engine, and boat set-up before making any mod's to the engine. What boat are you running, and does the engine have tilt&trim?

hunterfab

Cadet

Originally posted by R.Johnson:<br /> Most of the regular's here will tell you to work with engine, and boat set-up before making any mod's to the engine. What boat are you running, and does the engine have tilt&trim?

hunterfab

Cadet

the boat is a 75 glastron carlson cv-16 it does have power tilt and trim the prop is factory 3 blade alum the lady I got it from said it did 45 mph has the ticket she got in it!I am gonna check the timing and carbs today I rebuilt the carbs myself they werent any worse than the carter carbs on my 440 truck engine.All the parts I bought for it came from NAPA.I didnt even mess with the timing so I cant see how that would change also the battery doesnt charge when its running I have to put the charger on it before I take it out!

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hunter,<br /><br />Do you have a tach? if so is it working?<br /><br />A non charging batt. could be an indication of a bad rectifier/regulator or a bad batt. that can't take a charge. A non working tach in combination with the charging problem would indicate a bad rectifier which could lead to stator and or power pack failure.<br /><br />Can you do a spark test and post reults.

skyguy59

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Very nice ride. I have a 72 CV-16 with the original 100 Hp Johnnie on it. I up-graded to the newer style tilt & trim put on a 20" Raker and followed Dhadley's advice on set up. GPS @ 48 by myself aint too bad. Comes out to about 12% for 5800, takes lots of trial and testing (called fun). I would think the 115 should do alittle better. Look at the set up real good before you spend money. These boats love it when you raise the motor. <br /><br />Russ In Texas

MCM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Skyguy, I agree with your observation of the boat and its performance expectations.<br /><br />That said, I think if you look at the other post by Hunter concerning this motor and combine them I think you'll find that the problems are most likely ign. system oriented ;)

hunterfab

Cadet

Will keep it simple from now on!New to forum.Anyway will take off flywheel and replace these parts I have them new in box from when I bought boat and to the guy in Texas youre right these things go faster with the prop just about hanging out of the water!

skyguy59

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was commenting on his request for high performance parts not necessarily his electrical problems,that and the fact he has a really cool boat! But you are correct in that he needs to get that fixed first. A tach and a GPS are pretty much "must haves" if you are going to measure performance. A water pressure gauge also becomes a "must have as you start getting the motor higher.<br /><br />Russ In Texas

PACERll

Seaman

Hunter I can give you a site to go to to get all the necessary HP parts that you could want. If you are interested send me an email at waregle50@hotmail.com and I will give you the site. Hope this helps.

hunterfab

Cadet

Thanks for the advice fellas!Still looking for parts for this thing like a windshield and some folding seats you can sleep on.Thanks