Would Rod C please get in touch.

quazerboy

Cadet
One of the good people in the forum mentioned that you had made some trim tabs or an aft board for your boat. I am about to do the same and would really appreciate any advice you could give.<br /><br />Lee

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Would Rod C please get in touch.

Hey Lee, I think Rodc is from the lake Simcoe area (central Ontario), and we are finaly getting some decent weather. He,s probably out playing in his boat,I,m sure he will chime in during the week.<br /><br /><br /> Jim

Moody Blue

Captain
Re: Would Rod C please get in touch.

Lee Harris hello. Just read your post about the tabs. The temps have been in the high 20's and low 30's and yes I have been on the lake since Sat afternoon. The water is still a little cold but the kids don't mind and we have gotten lots of tubing in already this year.<br /><br />Yes I did make my own tabs and they have worked out very well. I really couldn't afford to buy the proper tabs but I had alot of time and materials at hand so I did a bunch of research, asked alot of questions. The folks here on i-boats offered some great advice and suggestions and John from Nauticus Smart tabs was most helpfull in making key suggestions. He is a frequent participant on these forums as well. The one thing I will say is to buy the tabs if you are able because it is just easier and you will have a warranty if something goes wrong. My tabs were constructed from S/S with aluminum brackets and aftermarket hardware. Won't be an issue in the fresh water I run them but the aluminum won't last long in salt water. I will be glad to offer any help I can.