Regal performance

saurd

Cadet
Considering a used Regal boat and would like to know what others experiences may have been with owning a Regal. Both pros and cons. Is there a good place to learn more about the performance of the boat?

Thanks,
Saurd

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Regal performance

more about the boatand power plant you are looking at.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

They make a good boat, IMO. I'm on my second one. Which one are you looking at?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

welcome to i boats......

i have never owned a regal......however

t d is right....its more about the boat and powerplant....

if its performance you want..... a regal aint gonna run with a donzie

but ......are you an experianced boater????

what i mean by that is, are you experianced enough to know exactally what you are looking for in a boat?

that is what determines the design ...features...power you want ?

a bass boat is not the best to wakeboard from.....and a 24 foot cuddy with fish finder, is not the best boat for shallow rivers.

the manufacturer is uasually second or third on the list of things to know

if you could be more specific with your desires for a boat.....all around fish and ski....race boat....fish boat

also what kind of water will you be in? salt?...rivers? lakes?

cheers
oops

saurd

Cadet

I am considering a 2006 2400 with a 350 mag bravo 3.

I am looking for what I would call a general purpose boat. I have 2 teenagers who want to take friends out on the water with us and I want to make this more enjoyable for all of us by having a boat with enough space. This is a move up for us from a Chetah 1900 LS with a 4.3 liter.

I want something that will handle well and perform well towing wakeboarders and other things.

Thanks for your input.

saurd

Cadet

I have been boating for over 21 years now on our own boat and prior to that never turned down an opportunity to get on the water.

All on lakes and rivers. I now live in central Iowa. Currently not real large lakes, but on occasion we go to Lake of the Ozarks, or some of the larger lakes in southern MO or Nothern AR.

Thanks,

QC

Supreme Mariner

That boat will have decent hole shot for wakeboarders with the Bravo 3, but will not be a speed demon . . . I am guessing a top speed of low to mid 40s loaded up. She'll be comfortable, and have a decent ride. Regals are a good solid, quality boat. She'll average around 3 MPG, with a little better at around 30ish MPH and a little worse 40 and above . . .

oops!

Supreme Mariner

thats a fine combo for what you are wanting from a boat......allmost overkill.

as qc just said with that exellent post...wont be a speed demon...

but she'll pull the arms outta the ski'ers....

thats a class packege for a fish and ski.....the teens will want a tower...

is it a priv deal..or a dealer...that age sounds like a dealer...ask them if it can handle a tower easly...windsheild or deck tower.

just a few things......thats a lot of package for an ever changing river...be cautious....
a mistake can be a thousand dollar set of props....
when the teens get old enough....hide the keys!!!!

as a more experianced person around boats, you allready know what to look for in handeling...you wont be going fast enought to really worry bout..."loosing it" in a turn.

you wont notice a huge difference between the 4.3 and the 5.7 except tourqe, however...the b3 will make a huge difference to you around the docks and outta the hole. youll love it.

the other posters can go more in depth bout the regal....
but it sounds like a class pkg for what you want.

looking foward to seeing your comments on future i boats posts

cheers
oops

MikDee

Banned

Regal's are good, well made boats, bottom line!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

2400 350 bravo great combo. be sure you have enough tow vehicle.

QC

Supreme Mariner

saurd, there is a test of this boat on "boatest.com" with a 320 Volvo. It ran 51 MPH which seems to confirm my numbers above as the Merc has 20 less hp and those tests are always about 5 mph higher than you'll get with a loaded boat. Fuel economy was dead on . . .

Heed what tashasdaddy says about tow vehicle!!!!

saurd

Cadet

I plan on using a 2004 suburban for towing, it is the standard 4wd 1/2 ton set up. it does have the factory towing package.

Should I expect issues with this?

Thanks to all those who have posted thus far. It helps.

Thanks,
Saurd

QC

Supreme Mariner

That truck will be fine. I have a friend pulling a 256 Chap with that rig and it's good.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

I'd expect high 40s loaded up. That hull is practically the same as mine (they look like they shared the same mold) and it weighs less. My boat will easily hit 48 GPS with a 8 on board and a full tank(53 GPS lightly loaded) and it's only got 310 HP with a B3.

jlbauza

Recruit

I own an '06 Regal 1900, VP 4.3L GXi. Great Boat. 100 hrs on it. I would buy another one in a heart beat. If you have the tow vehicle, I would recommend the 2200.

Good Luck!

Juan