Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Pontoon Modifications

    Hi All
    I am new to this forum but have been in others that contain MUCH useful information. I have found that to be true here as well and really enjoy it.

    I would like to see a new forum for pontoon boats titled "Pontoon Modifications" where members can post information and pictures about the mods they have made to their boats making them more enjoyable, usable, safer, efficient and such. In the RV world, mods are generally a very hot topic and many great ideas have been implemented..

    So, possibly one of our moderators could set up a special forum for us..

    Thanks to all for the great information!!
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  2. #2
    Lieutenant Boss Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,431

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDAWG View Post
    Hi All
    I am new to this forum but have been in others that contain MUCH useful information. I have found that to be true here as well and really enjoy it.

    I would like to see a new forum for pontoon boats titled "Pontoon Modifications" where members can post information and pictures about the mods they have made to their boats making them more enjoyable, usable, safer, efficient and such. In the RV world, mods are generally a very hot topic and many great ideas have been implemented..

    So, possibly one of our moderators could set up a special forum for us..

    Thanks to all for the great information!!
    Uhh, I think your already IN a great Pontoon section of a great boating fourm

    MY FISHIN BUDDY
    East Texas Redneck
    SEMPER FI
    USMC '67 - '70

  3. #3
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    I completely agree! BUT I know many of you guys have made changes (mods) to your pontoon boats that others would love to know about and possibly incorporate into their own boats.

    This would just be a place to "showcase" those modifications, rather than us trying to think up good new stuff on our own. Of course, there will be lots of WOW, "how did you do that" type of interaction..

    Anyway, just a thought but maybe no one else would have any interest in it. I would as I love to tinker and most of you out there are a LOT smarter than I.... We discovered many unique mods for our pop-up camper (from others) and incorporated them into our own. It is a great way to learn new things..
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  4. #4
    Petty Officer 3rd Class Kitchen363's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    I second that mod section idea!

  5. #5
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ruidoso N.M
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    3xx

  6. #6
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Allright Boss Hawg, Looking at your boat picture, I know you have done something to your boat that you think is really great and provided a solution for a problem or just made something better. Now, I want to know about it but I don't know what to ask cause I don't know what you might have done.

    So come on and tell us, come on, I double dare ya!! Just what is that modification you did that you are proud of??

    (many of us are new to pontoon boats and we could use a little inspiration from you experienced tooners)
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Boss Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,431

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDAWG View Post
    Allright Boss Hawg, Looking at your boat picture, I know you have done something to your boat that you think is really great and provided a solution for a problem or just made something better. Now, I want to know about it but I don't know what to ask cause I don't know what you might have done.

    So come on and tell us, come on, I double dare ya!! Just what is that modification you did that you are proud of??

    (many of us are new to pontoon boats and we could use a little inspiration from you experienced tooners)
    Well, I have been re doing a 20' Sun Tracker for a clean, simple catfishin rig
    I modified that Miller Lite can on the front of toon--- ITS NOW EMPTY


    MY FISHIN BUDDY
    East Texas Redneck
    SEMPER FI
    USMC '67 - '70

  8. #8
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    I like the idea of placing speakers in the upper part of the console. How is that working out? I am looking for a better location for some new speakers.
    I also see something in front of the Miller can that looks like a bracket of some sort?

    You're a great sport Boss Hawg and I'm hoping we'll see many more mods in the future. Thank You for kicking it off!
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Boss Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,431

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDAWG View Post
    I like the idea of placing speakers in the upper part of the console. How is that working out? I am looking for a better location for some new speakers.
    I also see something in front of the Miller can that looks like a bracket of some sort?

    You're a great sport Boss Hawg and I'm hoping we'll see many more mods in the future. Thank You for kicking it off!
    I'm real happy with the speakers, good even sound all over the boat- That bracket is a simple steel L brack/hunk of wood in case i ever need my trolling motor (dont use it but i carry one in case of a (Oh shoot, ran outta gas/motor quit situation ) I have my TM in a bracket on back of boat (out of the way) ----


    MY FISHIN BUDDY
    East Texas Redneck
    SEMPER FI
    USMC '67 - '70

  10. #10
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Nice.. A great place to keep the TM out of the way and ready for use! Very good safety feature as well.
    When you mount a "bracket" to the playpen wall, how do you make it a "firm" installation?
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  11. #11
    Lieutenant Boss Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,431

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDAWG View Post
    Nice.. A great place to keep the TM out of the way and ready for use! Very good safety feature as well.
    When you mount a "bracket" to the playpen wall, how do you make it a "firm" installation?
    Only on the sq tubing framework

    MY FISHIN BUDDY
    East Texas Redneck
    SEMPER FI
    USMC '67 - '70

  12. #12
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Modifying a 2007 Monark Fantasy 180

    Ok all, I'm going to expose my selfish side now. I have stripped and am in the process of rebuilding my new boat. The pict below shows my current condition so I can make most any modification I want at this point. I'm just looking for ideas and inspiration.



    If anyone is interested, I think this link will let you see my pictures as I go along.http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...Fantasy%20180/
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  13. #13

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    A place for Toon Mods, just ask and receive.

    www.pontoonstuff.com

  14. #14
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Thanks cuzzx, I love that site. I've ordered and received several items from them and they've been great!
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  15. #15
    Petty Officer 1st Class VaGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    I've been on that site for a couple of years myself & let me tell you, ALL those people on that site are some of the BEST I have ever been a part of. I've bought from them & had no problems except one thing which was NOT their fault but they stood behind it & took care of it right away. They are a FAMILY oriented site & a nicer bunch of caring people for one another then you will ever find anywhere. At least that is MY opinion. That is NOT TO SAY THIS SITE doesn't have great people too so please don't take any offense ot my statement above.

    I've bought motor parts & gauges from this site as well & ther service & prices have been excellant.

    I really like the idea of showing off HOW & WHAT modifications people have done to their pontoons. It gives people lots of ideas that may not be into the "designing" end verses others. AND two heads are always better than one IMO. I've learned a great deal of information from this site about my enegines (Johsnon 50 & 70) & learned a great deal about rebuilding my pontoon on the other site & here too. I believe in trying to support the sites that are helping out us boaters.

  16. #16
    Petty Officer 1st Class VaGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Modifying a 2007 Monark Fantasy 180

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDAWG View Post
    Ok all, I'm going to expose my selfish side now. I have stripped and am in the process of rebuilding my new boat. The pict below shows my current condition so I can make most any modification I want at this point. I'm just looking for ideas and inspiration.



    If anyone is interested, I think this link will let you see my pictures as I go along.http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...Fantasy%20180/
    I just took a look at your rebuild. It looks like youhave a good pontoon to work with & are doing a very nice job. When I bought mine it was in a lot worse shape then yours was. I've redecked it, new carpet, new furniture & everything else I am able to reuse. I'm repainting the vinyl fencing & cleaing the rails until next year which I will most like replace the vinyl. I'll try to post a link to my photobucket site later so you can take a look at mine. Keep up the good work & don't forget MORE PICTURES.

  17. #17
    Supreme Mariner Silvertip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    25,770

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Go here for anything pontoon related including modifications.

    http://forums.iboats.com/Pontoon-Boats/

  18. #18
    Seaman Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    Silvertip, Thanks for the link and I have visited there previously. My main point in asking for a "Pontoon Modification" Main thread is for pontoon boat owners to post pictures and descriptions of modifications they have made. Let members showcase their pontoon boats and show others what they have done to possibly inspire others to make useful improvements to their own boats. The links on iBoats.com are great for "how to" when you know what you are looking for but just need help.
    _______________________________________
    Randy
    2007 Monark Fantasy 180 -40hp Merc 40elpefi

  19. #19
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ruidoso N.M
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Pontoon Modifications

    just posted a mod in Pontoon, not sure how to move it to this thread,, admin help!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. modifications/customizations?
    By JGIII in forum Inflatables and RIBs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 25th, 2010, 12:44 PM
  2. Modifications to my Mercruiser?
    By spoolinawdtsi in forum Mercruiser I/O & Inboard Engines & Outdrives
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: July 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM
  3. Ilander Modifications
    By Starcrafter1 in forum Boat Topics and Questions (not engine topics)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
  4. Modifications to the amplifier
    By didineedthat in forum Johnson & Evinrude Outboards
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 20th, 2006, 08:55 AM
  5. Performance Modifications
    By JasonM1955 in forum Johnson & Evinrude Outboards
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 4th, 2002, 03:16 AM
  1. iboats Forum Directory - Over 100,000 forum posts organized by topic