Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Lieutenant Junior Grade pecheux's Avatar

Thumbs down BRP E-Tech X100 oil ... who makes it ?

E-Tech OB's use either X50 or X100 2 cycle oil and are ajusted for one or the other. I suspect the X100 is a 100:1 ratio type oil something like the Amsoil Saber. Anybody knows who bottles the X100 for BRP ? Just curious .. TX
    a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work ..

Rear Admiral

Default Re: BRP E-Tech X100 oil ... who makes it ?

XD-100 is a proprietary oil designed by Evinrude. It is not an off-the-shelf oil with a different label on it.

It is blended and bottled to Evinrude specs by companies that specialize in that business, just like other outboard manufacturer's oils are.

Lieutenant Junior Grade pecheux's Avatar

Agreed, Nevertheless Evinrude is not an oil mfg. My basic question was "which company would bottles it for them" ?
    As for the difference between the WD-50 and the WD-100 that requires a different oil pump ajustement on the motor that is permanent enough for Evinrude to specify there should be no switch for one to the other unless the ajustement is re-done, I can only guess the name of the oil would give a clue on the 50:1 or 100:1 oil lubrification capacity in order to require such a mandatory ajustement on the motor. Still curious to know who bottles it for them.
    Tx for sharing.
    a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work ..

Rear Admiral

The E-TEC is the only motor that has the optional reduced-oil setting on certain models. XD-100 is the only oil that can be used with the optional reduced-oil setting and in addition, XD-100 can be used in or premixed in any other Johnson or Evinrude at the factory recommended ratio which is usually 50:1.

From the factory the E-TECs are set for any TC-W3 oils and you can use the XD-100 without changing the setting if you wish.

Some folks think that you can only use the XD-100 with an E-TEC at the reduced rate. The truth is that you can use the XD-100 at the regular rate if you wish. It also works very well in FICHT, "VRO" or premix J-E engines.

Quote Originally Posted by seahorse5 View Post
    The E-TEC is the only motor that has the optional reduced-oil setting on certain models. XD-100 is the only oil that can be used with the optional reduced-oil setting and in addition, XD-100 can be used in or premixed in any other Johnson or Evinrude at the factory recommended ratio which is usually 50:1.

From the factory the E-TECs are set for any TC-W3 oils and you can use the XD-100 without changing the setting if you wish.

Some folks think that you can only use the XD-100 with an E-TEC at the reduced rate. The truth is that you can use the XD-100 at the regular rate if you wish. It also works very well in FICHT, "VRO" or premix J-E engines.
    This.

BTW, BRP makes three oils, not two. You run XD30, XD50 and if you want to spend a lot of money, XD100 at the higher mix ratio (higher oil, not #). If you want to run the motor at the "leaner" oil ratio, you must reset the motor to do that and run XD100 only.

Please don't PM me on advice issues - let's keep that in the forums, so that everyone can benefit. Please note that I do not email PDFs, etc. I have a bandwidth limited aircard for internet access. My avatar does not mean I have any offical link to iboats. I just like it!