Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Seaman

Default 89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

I just bought my first boat and so far it's running well. But I have read some reviews and have noticed that this boat engine seems to need a little more tender loving care than most. I was hoping that someone could kind of walk me through the steps to winterize this boat. I live up in Northern New York so it gets cold so I want to do all I can. I am also mechanically inclined. I do have a manual for the engine and the previous took really good care of this boat so I want to continue the trend. This is what it is:1989 Bayliner Capri 19 ft open bow with a 2 stroke 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O engine. This boat will be stored inside.

Seaman Apprentice

Default Re: 89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

Shane26, this system seems to drain pretty much like a normal outboard. Some water does however get trapped in the engine. Remove the 3/4inch water intake hose from the lower right hand side of the engine and pour some RV anti-freeze in or blow the water out with air. I would also make sure there is no water in the boot that protects the drive shaft in the mid-section. The rest is normal outboard winterization, fog if you like and change the lower unit oil. Good luck.

Seaman

Default Re: 89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

What is a Force 2 stroke L-drive I/O? I have never heard of this. Does anyone have a picture?