Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Petty Officer 2nd Class

Default BLEEDING the Power Trim hydrolic fluid on a Mercury Outboard engine. HELP!!!

Anyone know how to do this?? I need to do it, but I dont know how. Thanks for any input!!!

Commander

Default Re: BLEEDING the Power Trim hydrolic fluid on a Mercury Outboard engine. HELP!!!

Shouldn't need to as it is self bleeding, but if you had it all apart, just crack the lines at the cylinders and run the TnT until fluid comes. Re-tighten the lines and motor the TnT up and down a few times. Be sure to keep topping up the reservoir while doing this. Be sure to leave the vent screw open...
    Alias "schematic"

Exclamation Re: BLEEDING the Power Trim hydrolic fluid on a Mercury Outboard engine. HELP!!!

i have just bought a 83 ranger with a mercury 150 blackmax took it out today and the trim will not trim up with the boat moving. you can stop and raise it up.it does seem slow to raise but not sure. this unit has the one cylinder under the moter and the pump and solinoids are in the back compartment. i see a wing like nut on the side of it and a plug with a flat slot in it above the wing nut. would air in the system do this. if not what might. i did have to jump the trim limits out because they were not working. and up would not run. jumped them and now it will raise.
    but not when boat is moving.

Chief Petty Officer

Default Re: BLEEDING the Power Trim hydrolic fluid on a Mercury Outboard engine. HELP!!!

my dads Mariner 150 does the same thing (at speed trim does not work). Not sure what it is, but if bleeding it helps let us know.