OK we ( being wife and myself) just bought a project boat, and I'm not really up to speed on outboard motors so I'm looking for really basic newbie advice to a lot of these questions!
1)Is this motor a 2 stroke ( seems like it would be I haven't found an oilpan so to speak or an injection reservoir)
2) The spark plugs are flat ended affairs, are these available from a parts store or do I have to look for specialty boat/marine shops???
3) Lower unit oil is what weight range oil??
4) Someone please school my on props and pitch!
5) Whats the difference between Marine grade(tinned I believe) wire and regular primary wire ( just for info)
6) Wiring for sensors....this boat has no gauges of any kind so where would you find or how would you install tilt sensors, temp sensor, tach etc?????
Thanks in advance guys, and for piece of mind I'm not a newbie to mechanical affairs, I'm qualified diesel mechanic and a Industrial Maint technician , I simply have never messed with outboards before.