I had a heck of the day on the water. Boat started the first try. We drove maybe 5 min. Shut is off for swimming, turned it on again for knee boarding shut down for a min. Turned it on again for tubing. Shut down to change tubers and it would not start again. I checked the following:
1. Run switch- it was ok.
2. Put it in and out of N & made sure it was in N.
3. check all electrical acc everything was fine.
4. Checked the circut breaker on the engine, it was not tripped.
5. Checked the battery connections, tight no problems.
6. Checked every fuse in the fuse block. Everything was fine.
7. Checked the wire connections by the throttle, everything was connected.
8. Wire to starter were fine, no corrosion.
9. Turn the key over and over in between every step and nothing, not even the fuel pump came on.
We were towed to the marina and got home safely. This morning I go out to start it and it fired just fine. My thoughts are a sticky ignition switch (I leave the key in it 24/7 365 days). Or possibly something near the throttle is not telling the system the boat is in Nuetral. Something on it jiggled, wiggled, or shaked itself into position on the ride home (it's wieghs under 1800lb). Being a little upset I was not opposed to slowing down for railroad tracks.
This morning I go out with the wiring diagram to try jumping over the ignition switch, first I tried the key and it worked.
I appreciate any thought was to what it could be. I can't take out the boat until I nail it down.