I have a 1976 85 hp Mercury outboard motor we had it in the water running for about 5 minutes and then it abruptly stopped, had a mechanic look at it and he found bad insulation on wiring going to switch box that probably shorted out because we are not getting spark from the plugs, what needs to be replaced? Thanks
There is no way to tell what is wrong. Go to the CDIEelectronics web site and run the ign diagnostic tests for your motor. Tape up the wires in the harness before testing to eliminate possibility of short circuit.