Have an evinrude 97 2 stroke. with lack of a manual.Can someone reply choking and throttle proceedure for cold and warm starts.I believe the key push choke is working however never heard the clicking when pushed???I know the bulb has to be squeezed but beyond that dont know. Having trouble with 1st start of season poss flooding it. Stabled gas for winter and ran dry when put away in Michigan.Thanks,Dave
1) Fresh fuel
2) Squeeze primer bulb until firm
3) Raise fast idle lever about 1/2 way
4) Turn key to RUN
5) Push in on key and count to 8 - 10
6) Turn key to START
7) When engine fires lower fast idle lever to maintain comfortable idle (engine not reving overly high)
8) If engine begins to die, push in key quickly (don't wait until it dies -- pay attention)
9) When engine has warmed, lower fast idle lever and go boating.
WARM: Raise fast idle lever abour 1/2 and crank engine. If engine has been off for more than 1/2 hour push in on the key while cranking. This is a trial and error process. Each engine behaves differently. Experiment.
Fellas, You all helped me out again, started right up, shift rod in correct position and had all gear box seals redone durig winter. Cannot thank you all enough for the help. Untill next time(I gotta get this pontoon in water) Daveydoodle