Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Cadet

Default Power Tilt Wiring Diagram

I have a 1991 40 HP Evinrude with tilt assist on a 1991 Bass Tracker. The boat came prewired from Bass Tracker for power tilt. It has bow control buttons (up & down) and tilt on the control box throttle handle.

I recently purchased a Power Tilt unit off of a 1997 40 HP Johnson along with the switch that is in the cowling. I did not receive the wiring harness for the unit from inside the cowling. This 1997 power tilt came from a 1997 Bass Tracker. The outboard had seized up. The unit mates exactly the same on the 1997 year model as it does on the 1991 year model.

I need a wiring diagram so that I can hook everything up correctly.

I want to make sure that I hook this unit up correctly inside the cowling and can mate it up to the existing wiring on the boat. It is a two wire tilt motor. It uses a red - blue - green color scheme on the wires from the cowling switch.

Any help appreciated!!

Default Re: Power Tilt Wiring Diagram

w.[/img][img]null[/img]

C:\Documents and Settings\Will Presley\My Documents\My Pictures\Picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Commander

will jr, sadly, iboats doesn't host your pics , so we can't see your pictures. You'll have to goto a website like Photobucket .com, open an account (free) and upload your pics there. Under the picture (at photobucket) there will be a link. Copy that link. Come back here and edit your post. When it asks for the 'URL" (address where your picture is stored at) Paste in the link you got from photobucket, then we can see your picture.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcusme
    will jr, sadly, iboats doesn't host your pics , so we can't see your pictures. You'll have to goto a website like Photobucket .com, open an account (free) and upload your pics there. Under the picture (at photobucket) there will be a link. Copy that link. Come back here and edit your post. When it asks for the 'URL" (address where your picture is stored at) Paste in the link you got from photobucket, then we can see your picture.

TILT WIRING

Here ya go, Will...........

Rick

"Boating is Life...All the rest is just Details"

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise
    2007 Merc. 90 4 stroke