Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Cadet

Default information on evinrude lark IV

I just bought a boat with a evinrude lark IV motor. From what I have read on this site its an early 60's model with 40 hp. any information on the moter would help me out. model # 35932 Serial # 01398 thanks

Default Re: information on evinrude lark IV

That's a 1962 model. Lots of folks here on iboats have these motors, which were produced from the late 50's as 35hp, and on into the early 70's.They're among the sturdiest and best-running outboards ever made. The 40s act more like 50s, and the engines are quiet as can be.You'll find a number of threads here on them, most about the Johnson verion. The Evinrudes are identical.Get yours running right, and you'll have an outboard that will serve you well for many years.

Sure...go ahead and laugh at my old aluminum boat. It's paid for!

Cadet

thanks for the info i got it to start up but need a carb kit. i'm not sure which kit to get i'm having a little trouble matching numbers since it's so old.

Admiral

Get the carb kit from the dealer (PN 439074) because it comes with a new plastic float to replace the troublesome cork one. Price difference is a couple bucks.The aftermarket one is 18-7010, but I wouldn't get it if I were you. The factory one can be gotten from maxrules.comA little more info:Spark plugs - champion J4C (replacing J4J) gapped at .030"Lower unit oil - If manual shift, OMC/BRP 'HiVis' or other brand 80/90 weight outboard gearcase oil. If electric shift, OMC/BRP 'Premium Blend' _only_.Fuel oil mix - 24:1 87 octane gas to TC-W3 outboard oil. You may go less if you really want - see the oil mix FAQ in the FAQ forum for details.