Brought in for repair of not shutting off when key turned to the off position. Nailed it down to power pack which is common. Power pack on this model is under flywheel.
Replaced pack, motor started right up but acts like its stuck in slow mode. Wont go much above idle and acts like its bouncing off rev limiter.
what I have done:
1) unhooked overheat sensor
2) compression check 125 each
3) cleaned carb thoroughly
4) replaced new power pack with another new on thinking had a bad one outta the box
5) replaced plugs with new - good hot sparky on both cylinders
6) replaced flywheel key thinking maybe it was slightly bent
7) replaced head gasket thinking maybe cylinders were sharing compression
8) worked with electric primer thinking maybe its feeding it too much fuel, pinched off lines with hemo to eliminate that being the issue
9) reeds look good
10) checked fuel pump to make sure it isnt feeding fuel back into crankcase - wasnt
Motor acts like a timing problem to me but dont know how it could be? Excessive smoke, rough running, wont rev up, starts up real easy.
Thoughts from outside the box????