Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
    Petty Officer 2nd Class

Default fast track tilt/trim

I've got a perfectly good working fast track unit laying around my house. My question is can I adapt it to work on my motor? My original tilt/trim is removed b/c I couldn't find any parts. To me it looks like the only issue would be that I'd need to change the 2 brackets that bolt the motor to the transom which I should be able to do by removing the nuts on the steering tube correct? Or do I have to change mid-sections? Here's some pics of what I've got.

My other question is it possible to make a mercury tilt/trim pump and motor to work on a johnson or evinrude? Other than changing all the fittings to adapt properly, what else would keep it from working?

Supreme Mariner

Default Re: fast track tilt/trim

You might post this in the Johnson/evinrude section. You are asking if the triple clamp and transom bracket from a newer motor will fit your motor (along with the fastrac unit).

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, that's what I'm after. I'm just trying to get an idea before I spend anymore money trying to adapt this tilt/trim to the motor. I think it can be done without changing midsections but I'm sure somebody has tried it and wanted to see what the results were. Could a moderator please move it to the appropriate section if need be. Thanks.

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Alright, well it seems that I'm in the right section since it didn't get moved. Anyways, I've got a few days off and would like to get an idea if this is even possible and if it is, what's involved. If somebody has tried it and it didn't work, pleas chime in.

Honorary Moderator Emeritus tashasdaddy's Avatar

if i knew, i would tell you.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.