I have recently rebuilt a 1984 70 Evinrude which consisted of boring out .030 over all three cylinders. I have now experienced a reduced compression in number 1 cylinder which presents as a dry carbon field cylinder when the I pulled the head. Other symptoms that I have experienced is the inability to idle; however, when the primer/choke is pressed, it kept the engine from stalling.
Recent advice on the problem suggested that I have been running tool lean and that I should have increased/drilled the main jet in all carbs to accommodate the increase .030 cylinders.
I am pleading for assistance on this project as I have spent an endless amount of time on trying to get this motor functioning.