Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Thread: NS3.5a Nissan

Default NS3.5a Nissan

I just purchased a long shaft NS3.5a Nissan. It had been stored for a while and I took a chance on it. Must have been put away with gas it it, the gas shut off valve was all gummed up. Also must never have seen fresh water, I had to drill out the water port, and cleaned our water paths. It runs fine now, but a couple of questions. Does anyone have a part number for the gas shut off valve, can you recommend an online Nissan parts store? I ended up breaking it when I tried to take it apart. I bought this for my 21' Macgregor. Do you think that this little motor has enough hp for this boat?Thanks for your helpPaul

Default Re: NS3.5a Nissan

For information on a parts source contact Nissan/Tohatsu at 972-323-6003. Using the general rule of one hp for every 500 lbs of load...As long as you are pushing less than 1750 total lbs you should be okay.
    Elvin
    My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
    2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
    3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Default Re: NS3.5a Nissan

you can use a universal fuel shut off valve as long as it has a hose barb on each end.Real good motors as long as you drain the fuel.