Ailsa Craig 4hp

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi Guys<br /><br />I dont know if any of you have heard of this type of motor but I will give it a go anyhow.This motor was made by the Tomos motor co of Yugoslavia.It is a air cooled 2/stroke of around 100cc capacity and they are all finished in white as standard.<br /><br />Here are some photos........<br /><br />
zn39so.jpg
<br /><br />
zn3a5t.jpg
<br /><br />What I would like to know is what the air mixture is for this engine and also what is the standard spark plug for it.I have googled it to no avail so I am trying you guys.<br /><br />The engine runs but if I put the air box on, it chokes the engine.I have cleaned out the carb with carb cleaner and all the jets seem fine any ideas guys :confused: <br /><br />All advice appreciated :)

whywhyzed

Banned
Re: Ailsa Craig 4hp

There's one on eBay right now with the manual - If you offer the seller a few bucks to photocopy it before he sells the motor probably would be best

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Paul<br /><br />I have e-mailed this guy and I will post back on here with the results.As for the plug the motor I have came with a bosch 236 in I somehow think this is not the right plug either.I would like to get it running sweet as it has a lot of power when opened up and it seems well put together for an ex eastern bloc manufactured motor.<br /><br />I do not think that this motor has done a lot of hours either was probably a back up for a sailing boat.I bought it at an auction so I am not sure of its past.<br /><br />Thanks for the advice buddy
ztg74g.gif

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by hystat:<br /> There's one on eBay right now with the manual - If you offer the seller a few bucks to photocopy it before he sells the motor probably would be best
Went on Ebay and no sign of it buddy it must have ended ;)

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by hystat:<br /> item # 4638310566<br /><br />
b3_1_b.JPG
Thanks Hystat<br /><br />I have since found out that the standard plug for this motor is NGK B8HS and its cubic capacity is 67cc.The fellow at bosunsmate has not replied to my e-mail so I take it he is after money so i will look elsewhere including the link that you have posted Hystat.<br /><br />Thanks Buddy :D

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hystat<br /><br />I managed to track down the ebay seller from the item number you gave me and he is photocopying the manual for me you are a star buddy<br /><br />LLB

dogtooth567

Recruit

hi there
i have the same problem with my engine choking its self when air cleaner is on . if any one has found out a solution to this problem please feel free to reply thanks.engine is a 4hp

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

You might try contacting the original poster with a personal message in the PM section at the top of the page.

son8969

Recruit

Hystat<br /><br />I managed to track down the ebay seller from the item number you gave me and he is photocopying the manual for me you are a star buddy<br /><br />LLB

hi there i have 1 of these engines and dont know a fing about it.... pritty please could you do me a copy of the manual for the engine it would make a massive diffenence!!! thanks my name is simon and my mo is 07956668109.. ring me and we could sort something out

bitsinbobs

Recruit

Hi , I have a 3.5 hp tomos if any one can supply a service manual it would be great , I have a parts manual (pdf ) that covers a lot of these engines if anyone wants a copy I can email it no problem