LICENCES

craigo114

Cadet
hey hi guys/gals<br />can anyone help me, i live on a small greek island and recently baught a boston whaler, with a 50 hp outboard, but to use it here, i need a speed boat licence, however before i go to the bother of returning to the uk to book a course and get a licence, i need to show the port police here, what the licence looks like, to see if they accept it,( greeks ) !! could anyone scan the front and back of one and email it to me, of coarse scub out your personla details<br />i would be most grate full<br />Craigo<br />tightlinesingreece2000@yahoo.co.uk<br /><br /><br /> [/LIST]

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: LICENCES

Why go to the UK for a license, why not get one in greece?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Not to sound distrustful, but does this sounds like an attempt to create a bogus license. Why would you buy a boat in the UK and not get proper transfer documents that allow you to register the boat in Greece?

craigo114

Cadet

hi mate, thanks for the reply, unfortunatly i cant read or write greek and there is no engkish course available here, but if you can help id be grtaefull

craigo114

Cadet

hi mate, thanks for quick reply, however, i have all the paper for the boat, but thats not a problem, as the have not seen a licence othjer than a greek one, they cant say one from andother country is acceptable, so i need to show themone, if you can help id be gratefull

craigo114

Cadet

thanks for your quick reply, but if you thi ks it sounds odd, you wanna livein greece, lol<br />any way as they haveonly got greek licences here, i need to show them one from another country, as no on the island is english carrying a licence i cant borrow one, they just want to see one,<br />if you can help id be gratefull

ricksrster

Commander

If you reside in Greece, wouldn't you get licenced in Greece? If you are just visiting than couldn't you get the U.K. licence when you go home? I'm confused. It sounds like someone wants to forge documents.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

How much are you willing to pay for a scan of a license?

paulie0735

Chief Petty Officer

Can't be serious! If you are than get your self an interpreter and a Greek license……

craigo114

Cadet

hi thankyou for your reply, imprepared to pay money fior a scan aslong as its readable so i can translate it to greek, so they understand whatit says, you tell me how much u require and ill get back to you

craigo114

Cadet

hi. i resent the idea of forgery. all i wanted was a scan of a motor craft licence, so i could show the greek port poilice, so they could tell me ( my grrrek speaking freind ) if its acceptable in greek waters,<br />sorry to give you the wrong impression<br />yours in sport<br />c weston

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Everyone here apparently feels you are not being honest and I am one of them. You never answered the question "Why don't you get a Greek license?" Instead you keep answering with "they don't know what it looks like". For heavens sake, if the Greek police don't know what a Greek license looks like you have more than a license problem. On the other hand if you left the UK without a license knowing you would enter Greek waters then you have another problem. It certainly appears you have an unregistered boat. If you have proper documentation you should have no trouble registering it in Greece.

Dunaruna

Admiral

If you can't read or speak Greek, how are you going to translate an english license?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I see that none of you have been any help to Craigo.<br />And some of you apparently can not read.<br />And none of you are from the UK.<br /><br />First of all, he is not trying to register the boat, I believe that has been taken care of now.<br /><br />He is looking for a sample of a boat drivers license from the UK, so he can show it to the Greek authorities. If they will accept the UK license as a valid operators license in Greece, then he will obtain a UK issued license.<br /><br />I will see if I can flag down some help for you.

Dunaruna

Admiral

A bit unfair, roscoe.<br /><br />This thread is the first time I (and others) have had any contact with Craigo, his request did come across as a bit strange. <br /><br />You have had previous dealings with Craigo, you know a bit more history than us (ie: registration problems).

paulie0735

Chief Petty Officer

rosco, he’s getting plenty of help, he's just not getting a copy of anybodies license. That I have to say does not surprise me in the slightest.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Craigo.<br /><br />If you get in touch with the RYA they will be able to help you<br /><br />www.rya.org.uk.

craigo114

Cadet

hey hi Roscoe, thank you for understanding, some ppl out there think every one is bent, however, i had to get rid of my bayliner !! it was riddled with osmosis and i didant trust it, so i got s boston whaler and put my force 50 on it, however because the whaler is 6.5 mtrs the licence is needed, but ive been told, the licence may not be accepted in this part of greece, seems crazy to go all the way back to uk, book n pass the course if they wont accept it in greece, but again thanks mate<br />Craigo<br />tightlinesingreece2000@aol.com