bimini with sides and windows

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a vinyl or thick canvas bimini with sides and zip up door? I cant seem to find them anywhere.<br />My boat only has small front windows no bimini or protection from the nasty weather and sun.<br />Thanks

tommays

Admiral
Re: bimini with sides and windows

Your really going into more of a full cover or camper top <br /><br />your best bet is to find a local shop as they have to be built on the boat to get a good fit<br /><br /><br />tommays

Bondo

Staff member

Look in your Yellow Pages for Upholsterers...........<br /><br />What you're wanting will have to be Custom Built....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What boat do you have, garrett?<br /><br />If you contact the manufacturer they may offer a full enclosure or know someone who does.<br /><br />I had full canvas enclosures on my '66 Boston Whaler Sakonnet and my 1983 Boston Whaler Outrage 18. <br /><br />Tight as a cabin in foul weather. You might as well plan on living aboard because after you pay for it you may not have a house anymore. :)

Bondo

Staff member

Tight as a cabin in foul weather. You might as well plan on living aboard because after you pay for it you may not have a house anymore.
I built My Own,..........<br /><br />And Still have the price of a College Education Invested in it.......<br />
1074starcraftlrgsummer.JPG
<br />And,..... It IS Nice fishing from a 65* cabin when it's 30* outside...........<br />My fishing season has been Stretched from 3 or 4 months a year to 8 or 9 months a year.......

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hehhe JB well luckily my friends father does upholstery work. Yes Bondo id like something like yours. Boats a Glassmaster JB so its been hard to find any info on the boat.<br />Thanks again you all have been very helpfull once again :)

studlymandingo

Commander

Nice looking top Bondo. The 3 months you can't fish-you should come down here and help me out with some upholstry work. Can even take test runs without an enclosure. Winter is 2 weeks in January!

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

could you send me more pictures of your top bondo?<br />Thanks

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

How do you keep that thing from turning into a hothouse?

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by garrett61:<br /> could you send me more pictures of your top bondo?<br />Thanks
Which, or What details would you like to see,.??<br /><br />I don't have much on-line at the moment,... <br />But,... I can Take,+ Load whatever you'd like.......

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by RubberFrog:<br /> How do you keep that thing from turning into a hothouse?
The Windows,.. All Roll Up,.. Individually,.... Which ever 1s I care to.....You can see the straps, hanging down, used to secure them in the Up position......<br />Or can be totally Removed.......Leaving Only the Flat Top Bimini......

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Garrett61,<br /><br />What year/model glastron do you have? I will be rebuilding my new project this summer (hopefully).<br /><br />Great site www.classicglastron.com<br /><br /><br />-JMW

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bondo Thanks for the reply i didnt check it again till now. <br />Any pics dimensions you used final cost i have been thinking of building one myself.<br />JMW i have a Glassmaster not a Glastron sorry :( It is a 76<br />Thanks again for the help and replies bondo<br />if you are able to find more pics info on your bimini/cabin build.

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

Garrett, many towns have several shops that specialize in boat tops. The common configuration is with aluminum bows, snaps onto the windshield and has clear side curtains and a zip open back. In my local yellow pages it's under Boat Covers, Tops and Upholstery.

Bondo

Staff member

I've got your Addy,.... Go ahead,+ Delete it......<br /><br />I'll try to get some shots of the top tonight, or Soon anyway,......<br />When I do,.. I'll send them off to you.......<br /><br />I actually stated a 2nd 1 for My current project boat, Last Night........Nothing to See yet though......

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sounds great Bondo thanks so much. Whenever you have time is great as im still painting and have to mount the engine wiring etc. D id like to save some money and i would like to be able to make it myself. Thanks for your advice though. Bondo maybee if all possible i can free time up near fall and check your boats out :)

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

once you mail me ill be able to give you some pics of the project. I would love to get some expert likes dislikes from you.<br />Thanks again for all the helpfull replies.<br />Garrett

rottenray6402

Ensign

Garrett, they sell heavy duty sewing machines in several catalogs. I picked up a machine and table for under $400.00. With that and about $250.00 in materials I made a useable top with removable side curtains and rear curtain. Trouble is the machine was made in China and the instructions were really bad so there was a lot of trial and error. If a person knows how to use a sewing machine it would be much easier.