OK gas tank Dilemas! High Capacity, HOW do i set it up?!>?!?>!>1111

Greg Lawrence

Petty Officer 1st Class
ok ive got another 12 gallon tank bringing my fuel capacity to 24 gallons plus a 5 gallon gas can just in case. no im not planning on crossing the gulf o mexico, i just am getting ready to make the haul down the intracostal waterway to the duck shootin grounds (national refuge). I know a back way in and it is way better than walking from the front. it just takes some gas to get there. so can i hook the two tanks together?.. I have a water seperator connected to the motor, then i have a primer bulb to the water seperator. next would i just connect to a t fitting? then from the t fitting cut the line the same length and go to both tanks? how do they do multiple tanks???

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: OK gas tank Dilemas! High Capacity, HOW do i set it up?!>?!?>!>1111

I'd do it with a two-way valve. I'd also have a pressure bulb in each line. Run each line from each tank to the two-way valve and the common line from the valve to the engine.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

Greg Lawrence

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok whats a two way valve? do they have them at the hardware store? or is it a boat specific?

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Go to a boat stuff place. You need a valve that's rated for use with gasoline. Don't go to a plumbing supply house.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

Greg Lawrence

Petty Officer 1st Class

excellent.