ELTO MOTOR

artinmx

Recruit
We just bought 3 motors at an estate auction, 1 I,m sure is an Elto altho I don,t know what year or model the others we have no idea, is there a site or whatever with pictures to i.d. these motors? or can anyone helps us i.d. them , also we are willing to sell them if anyone so desires , thanks Art

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: ELTO MOTOR

Art...<br /><br />You may want to visit www.aomci.org (Antique outboard motor club) to see what information they might have on your motors. Another good source of information is a book authored by Peter Hunn called "The Old Outboard Book". Who knows...those motors may be desirable collectables. It's worth looking into.<br /><br />Good luck....Walt

Walter

Oh hey... If you can locate a serial number on your Elto I'll be someone in here can help identify the year. Look for any identifying information on your other motors as well. Check near the transom brackets for an I.D. plate of some sort... Let us know what you find... Walt

Walter

oops...<br /><br />Darned typo... I meant to say "I'll bet someone in here can help..." I don't have a good resource yet for identifying a motor's year via serial no. But, lot's of folks in here do...<br /><br />Walt

James W

Recruit

I resently bought a small outboard a 3.3 and all of the information I've been able to find is on a plate model # HJ3RENR ser # H 09274405 and the maker I "marine engine corp. Hong Kong.
Has anyone ever heard of this company and motors? I haven't had much luck finding info on the net.

Thanks.

James W

technofrog

Recruit

I have a motor I originally got new with that Model number.
It is a Johnson Motor made in 1992. You can get parts lists
and diagrams on the Johnson.com webpage.
I am looking for an owners manual for mine.