Locating Parts for Older Outboard Motors

Randel Stevens

Recruit
Hi, everyone,<br /><br />I have inherited a Sears and Robuck 3.5 hp outbaord motor model # 574-60030, however, age has taken its toll although it runs it is very rough and not dependable. I was considering rebuilding the carburetor and attempting to get it into running order, and re-living the moments my father had with me, with my son. Any adivce where I might locate parts, rebuild kits and /or manuals for this older motor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and effort. <br /><br />Randel :) :p

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Locating Parts for Older Outboard Motors

Look in your phonebook for the 1-800 number for sears parts and give them a try first.<br /><br />If that fails you can try <br /> http://certifiedpartscorp.com/

Trailbum

Seaman

You can also go to www.aomci.com <br />Go to their links page. Many parts sources for older and antique outboards. Good luck with it.

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

Randel, Try www.sears.com, you tell them what you need and they will give you the part # and price. Foneman gave me this info and I was running again in two weeks. Hope this helps.Hal

Allan19603hp

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This should be a great project as I experienced the same with my dad as a kid. If you e-mail me with some more infor on the motor I can supply you with parts and some service information. IF you didnt go through sears at this point dont. Just my opinion. E-mail me at gra6961@usa.net and I will be happy to help you in any way possible Let me know also if you have a digital camera this helps in determining a few things. <br /><br />Let me know. I would love to help bring a father and son together.

PurpleDragon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Randel,<br /><br />On my older Sears outboard, they had no information for me... but I do encourage you to contact them first in regards to getting initial info.<br /><br />They were, however, able to refer me to a company that has parts, though. The company is "Discount Marine" (248-588-2625). Right off the bat, the gentleman at Discount Marine told me who manufactured the motor for Sears, and the appx. timeframe. Though he had no manuals, he indicated that many city libraries might have the service manuals available on microfilm.<br /><br />G'Luck!<br />Rex

PurpleDragon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

According to my Old Outboard Service Manual, that model was made for Sears around 1964. It's a 3.6Hp McCulloch.<br /><br />Rex