My water pressure gauge is stuck

SkeeterZX225

Cadet
My water pressure gauge is stuck at full pressure all the way to the right of the dial and it doesn’t move at all how can I tell if the gauge is bad or just needs to be worked on. It is on a 2001 Skeeter ZX 225 team edition with a 2001 Yamaha Vmax 225 ox66 EFI. <br /><br />I also wanted to know is this gauge important or does the water shooting out of the starboard side of the motor tell you that you have ok water pressure. <br /><br />Any advice would be a big help I’m a new Bass Boat guy so if there is more info needed please let me know. Thanks!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: My water pressure gauge is stuck

I'm betting water got in there and damaged it when it froze. Otherwise the line pinched when the needle was pegged and it hasn't bled-off the pressure yet (probably not the problem). They're very useful on bass boats and an absolute necessity if you have a jack plate.

SkeeterZX225

Cadet

Where do i start to fix the problem. Should i take it to a service tech or buy a new gauge and install it to see if that fixes the problem.<br /><br />If I put a new gauage is there any adjustments that need to be made or do i just plug it in and test it out.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

First disconnect at guage the hose. If pressure drops then it is in the line. If not its the guage.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Gauges are easy to replace ... when you can get at the back of them. No special tools or calibration required. They're in the $40 ballpark for the dial-types. Getting a matching gauge can be tricky. The gauge manufacturer may have a website to help you find the proper one and a source. (It doesn't have to be a Yamaha gauge, I believe Skeeter uses Faria.)

SkeeterZX225

Cadet

Thanks for all the advice i will work on the gauge tonight and let you all know the outcome. <br />Thanks

SkeeterZX225

Cadet

I pulled the gauge off and the dial did not move it is still stuck in the same spot so I’m working on finding a new one that matches the others. Then I tried to blow air through the hose that was connected to the gauge but it would not blow through. Some brown water drained out of the side that was connected to the gauge. Do you all know if I should be able to blow through the hose or would I have to do something else like turn the motor over to activate the pump and get the water moving again? Any help would be great.

SkeeterZX225

Cadet

I am still waiting on the gauge from skeeter. It has been on order for a month. I will keep you all posted when i fix it and let you know how it goes. I'm 99% sure it was the gauge because when i disconnected it from the water line and ran the motor water came pouring out of the line.