dt85 suzuki

bernard410

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 1987 dt85 it will not run i spray wd40 and it will run a few seconds it seems as if it is not get any gas the carbs have been cleaned the primer bulb replaced the fuel pump rebuilt the bowls on the carbs are full after priming it could the cdi unit have any thing to do with this or the oil senser or stater seems to be alot of trouble with these motors :confused: :confused:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: dt85 suzuki

WD40 isn't a very good fuel. Use a spray bottle with a pre-mix of fuel and oil. Do you have good spark? Did you check compression? Are you sure the fuel pump rebuild was done correctly and that it's actually pumping fuel? Seems you've done a lot of work but have not verified that what you've done is actually working. How do you know the carb bowls are full? When were the carbs rebuilt last? Does the choke/primer system work?

have you made sure that the jets are not plugged? pull the main jets out and make sure that the emulsion tubes are free of obstruction and you can bolw through them. check that the needle and seat is moving freely. i had the same problem w/ my 87 DT75. please take a look at 12mph @ WOT in the forums. also check your fuel tank make sure if you have a screen in there that its clean :cool:

bernard410

Seaman Apprentice

I REMOVED THE CARBS AND CLEANED THEM THEY WHERE NOT DIRTY AT ALL ALSO THE CHOKE WORKS I DIDNOT CHECK COMPESSION I WILL I ALSO WANTED TO ADD THAT THE PLUGS STAYED DRIED MAYBE IT IS THE CARBS I WILL CHECK COMPRESSION AND CLEAN CARBS AGAIN AND CHECK SPARK AGAIN WILL BE BACK IN TOUCH THANK YOU BOTH FOR INFO

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If the plugs remain dry with a no-start condition, the engine is not getting fuel, as you noticed by spraying WD40 into the carbs. Just because the carbs "look clean" does not mean the passages that you can't see are clean. You need to soak them and blow them out with compressed air.

bernard410

Seaman Apprentice

WILL SOAK CARBS AND GET REBUILD KIT FROM BROWNSPOINT WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I DO THANK YOU

bernard410

Seaman Apprentice

well guys i rebuilt the carbs and let them soak in cleaner and still no help i spray fuel in the carbs and it trys to fire but it also wants to back fire i changed the cdi unit but that didnt help either could it be the stater or coils or just out of time any help i would be grateful

bernard410

Seaman Apprentice

FOUND OUT TODAY THE KEY WAY UNDER FLY WHEEL WAS SHEARD HOPE THIS IS MY PROBLEMS THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFO

Jetpro

Recruit

Originally posted by bernard410:<br /> FOUND OUT TODAY THE KEY WAY UNDER FLY WHEEL WAS SHEARD HOPE THIS IS MY PROBLEMS THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFO
Do you have a DT85 CDI you would like to sell.<br />Please Email me.<br />Carl<br />pcrepairs@dodo.com.au