Alternative Oil Filter for Yamaha F115?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsnyder79

Cadet
Does anyone have an alternate oil filter number (possibly WIX) for a Yamaha F115 (2004). From what I understand the Yamaha filter is not very good. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Alternative Oil Filter for Yamaha F115?

Welcome to iboats.<br /><br />I haven't heard that about Yamaha filters. Yamaha quality is usually Top Shelf. I know there is a short and long version of basically the same filter. The 115s use the long version. You can also get Mercury filters. I don't think they're the same as Yamaha, but they certainly fit. I also doubt either make their own. No doubt outsourced.

catfish41

Recruit

These are three I've come up with. Hope this helps.<br /><br />Wix Filter-51358<br /><br />Baldwin-B1400<br /><br />Fram-PH6017A

Kanadakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Scion<br /><br />Did a little research on this myself last year when I bought my engine. Here is what I found.<br /><br />Yamaha filters are made by Denso.<br /><br />I am currently buying NAPA 1358 which is made by WIX. WIX is a good filter.<br /><br />Here is a list of others;<br /><br />Denso 115010-5390<br /><br />WIX 51358<br /><br />Emgo 10-82230<br /><br />Ac PF 2135 or 1237<br /><br /><br />Fram PH 6017a or 3593AFD<br /><br />Hastings HASLF113 (probably the best filter <br /> made)<br /><br />Amsoil SDF13<br /><br /><br />K & N No number (another VG filter)<br /><br /><br />If anyone knows the K & N number I would like to have it. Or who carries the hastings filters.<br /><br />Hope this is helpful all<br /><br /><br />Kid

cthru1

Seaman Apprentice

Is the oil filter the same for the f150 4-stroke? If not, does anyone have alternative oil filter numbers?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The 150 uses a larger filter. Sorry, can't help with a number.

SQUIDLIPS83

Recruit

I'm new to this blog, so this response is several years later than the originally posted questions.

I used OEM filters when I did my first oil change back in March and paid $24 each at the Yamaha dealer closest to my High and Dry Marina. For that price, they should have been made out of stainless steel, made reusable, and included a replaceable paper filter cartridge insert. What a ripoff! Heck, the oil filter for my BMW only runs $7.99.

I have not checked the 3 x alternative oil filters for F115 OEM oil filters that are listed below yet, but I just ordered 3 x Sierra 18-7914s from iBoats and they were only $6.99 each and got here by UPS ground in 3 days. I plan to change my oil this week on the two outboards I have on my Cobia 230, so will follow up with how well they fit. If they fit okay, I'll take the spare filter down to AutoZone and see if I can size fit them to something that fits a car and only costs $4.

I also just ordered 2 gallons of Mercury 10W-30 4 Stroke Outboard Motor Oil from Overtons.com and it only cost me 19.99 a gallon, as opposed to the 8.99 a quart I paid for the Yamalube of identical marine grade.

I love the motors, but Yamaha needs to take a good hard look at the price gouging they do with their parts, particularly in this tough economy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.