Oil Injection Problem? Motor Seizing?

LAKESKIERJER

Recruit
Yamaha 90Hp 2 stroke about a 1990. Has been running great. Started up great yesterday, warmed up for a couple minutes then 20% throttle for a couple minutes then cranked her up to about 90% throttle, about 3 minutes later motor was noisey and slowed to a stop like it was seizing. Tried to strt it again and it turned over slow . If I cranked the throttle wide out it would start but run very rough and wouldnt idle. Oil level was about 1/4 (Yamalube)left. Left the motor alone for about 1 hour motor started up and seemed to run OK for the rest of the day. Took it home and checked compression 1-120 2-105 3-120 seems OK. I disconnected the oil injection line and noticed that the oil ran ok for a second then stopped. I loosened of the filler cap and it started to run again quickly. Iam wondering the vent looking valve at the top of the oil tank is faulty? I took the valve out to alow the oil to flow. Any thoughts of simmiliar experineces would be appreciated!!

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Oil Injection Problem? Motor Seizing?

LAKESKIERJER there is a oil strainer in that unit that you removed from the tank must be clean with a brush and a mild solvent.

flashback

Captain
Re: Oil Injection Problem? Motor Seizing?

hey my friend, I know nothing about yammys, just happened to see your post, if the engine seized then most likely it was from lack of oil. is there a way to clean or check the vent valve? good luck