Familiar with Duratech aluminum boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansueto

Cadet
Hi, brand new to the forum. <br /><br />Just obtained a boat in need of a LOT of work, and can't seem to find much at all on the internet about this brand, and certainly not about the model. It's a 15 foot Duratech 'Neptune' - aluminum, looks like early to perhaps mid 1950's. Anyone know much on these, or a resource which might? I know this much; the company is actually Duratech Manufacturing Corporation, and they were in Peekskill, NY. Thanks!

mansueto

Cadet
Re: Familiar with Duratech aluminum boats?

After locating a helpful Duratech owner on another board (aluminum boat repair), and also contacting a member of city council in Peekskill where the Duratech company used to be, I've since obtained a LOT of information about the Duratech company. If you happen to know someone that has one of these rare crafts, don't hesitate to shoot me an email; I'm happy to share the info I've come across now. The Duratech company began in Peekskill, NY in 1957...one of their 2 buildings in that city burned down in 1961 and was not rebuilt. I believe boats with the Duratech name were made through the mid-60's.

RAYMOID

Recruit

I am new to forums so please bear with me.

I am a proud owner of a Duracraft Neptune 15'. SN: 46721.
Could you give me any information as to what year this was made and what size engine can be put on it?
I currently have a 15 horse Evenrude on it now.
Any other information about this boat would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Cherowl@Juno.com

nevadany

Seaman

New member and my First post:

I just got a 14' Duratech last night, overall good shape, but needs a lot of TLC. I've been after this one for almost a year. My buddy has the same exact boat (i think a 1956, if i remember correctly). We think mine is later 50's, maybe very early 60's by the difference in trim & options, however, the plate on mine was removed, so i can't trace the SN to determine a Date of Manufacture...unless, by chance, there is another location on the boat that may have the SN? i doubt it.

Anyway, back to the question of what size motor can be fit on these. Your 15' Neptune and my buddies and my 14' boats at different, but close enough in size that the engine HP limit is probably the same or very close....ours are rated for up to 33HP

DW

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Duratech owners: I run the Duratechboats.com website, shoot me an email for hull specs on just about any Duratech. We do not have a forum, we don't sell anything, and are not in competition with this site in any way - thought I'd clear that up so that you know I'm not trying to just drop a link. I was a member HERE before I began the Duratech site, and we have an iBoats.com web link on the Duratech site to send people here. Send me a note to duratech@duratechboats.com anytime.

JoeMan
Duratechboats.com

71Marlin

Recruit

JoeMan,

I have a 1971 Duratech Marlin. Just got it in the water a few weeks ago....trying to learn all i can about Duratech and their boats. I'll try to post some pix here. As you can see it needs some work. Any and all advice is welcome...

71Marlin

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I see you've also contacted me at the DuratechBoats website. To post a pic here, you can use any online free picture hosting site, upload your pic(s), copy the image url they provide for forums, and insert that into your next post...your pic will show up.

I'm glad to help...I started with a Duratech Neptune in much worse condition than yours. It's now been over 2 years since I restored the old Duratech, and I'd not trade her for any other aluminum runabout...tough as nails. Email me anytime thru the Duratech site and I'll shoot you some specs and provide some assistance.

JoeMan

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

RAYMOID: the quick answer to your question about motor...the Duratech Neptune can take up to a 60 hp motor. I've got the specs for just about every Duratech, so to you others...if you find this thread and need Duratech specs/info, just let me know...no charge. Contact thru the Duratech site.

JoeMan

Status
Not open for further replies.