mercury outboard

demic158

Recruit
I have recently bought a boat with a mercury outboard. The case is marked thunderbolt ignition. I was told it was an 85. The engine serial number is 3427300. Can anyone tell me year of manufacture, and size please. Many thanks.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: mercury outboard

Demic, It will be hard to answer your question, with the info given. It will help us if you tell us the number of cylinders and whether it is an inline or V engine. Also, the Horsepower of the motor is usually on the lower cowling. Also, tell us the color of the cowling decals, or better yet post a picture.

demic158

Recruit

Originally posted by Chris1956:<br /> Demic, It will be hard to answer your question, with the info given. It will help us if you tell us the number of cylinders and whether it is an inline or V engine. Also, the Horsepower of the motor is usually on the lower cowling. Also, tell us the color of the cowling decals, or better yet post a picture.

demic158

Recruit

Originally posted by Chris1956:<br /> Demic, It will be hard to answer your question, with the info given. It will help us if you tell us the number of cylinders and whether it is an inline or V engine. Also, the Horsepower of the motor is usually on the lower cowling. Also, tell us the color of the cowling decals, or better yet post a picture.
Sorry. Its a four cylinder inline with red decals

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know where people get off on lying so blatantly about the age of outboards. I keep seeing red bands on ebay described as 1980's too.