This has to help Bayliners reputation

f_inscreenname

Commander
Customs officers at the San Luis Port of Entry, near Yuma, found three border crossers hidden in a boat as it was towed across the border Monday. <br />The 1974 Bayliner Saratoga in tow on a truck caught the attention of the officers, who questioned a 46-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman about their visit to Mexico and return to the United States, said Brian Levin, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. <br />The officers searched the boat and found a person hidden in the cabin and two more people in structural areas under the cabin. <br />The driver and passenger, who are U.S. citizens, were arrested and the border crossers are being held as material witnesses. The case will be prosecuted in Phoenix, said Sandy Raynor, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Arizona. <br />It is the first case in a long time in which people were hidden, an unusual tactic for smugglers who cross at ports, Levin said. <br />Customs officers at the San Luis port, 25 miles south of Yuma, have stopped 62 people from being smuggled through the port since Oct. 1, he said.<br />--------------<br />Oh boy, thats going to help Bayline's reputation. :p <br /> I can see what caught the cops attention. Someone bringing back a 74 Bayliner from Mexico had to stand out. :D

tomcatcain

Cadet
Re: This has to help Bayliners reputation

Bayliner still going strong,Cool..........

TilliamWe

Banned

They were haulin them for cash so they could afford to buy a real boat! :p that's a joke, folks!

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by TilliamWe:<br /> They were haulin them for cash so they could afford to buy a real boat! :p that's a joke, folks!
:D :D <br />
and two more people in structural areas under the cabin.
Ayuh,......<br />That gives a Whole New Meaning to Bilgeliner..... :D :D

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> two more people in structural areas under the cabin. <br />
Here's a continuation of the story that didn't make the news:<br /><br />"Upon extracting the people from the structural areas of the boat, it was discovered that they weren't individuals attempting to get into the US at all....in reality they were paid laborers who had been hired by the boat's owner for the sole purpose of holding up the floor and controlling hull flex due to rotted stringers. The owner was quoted as saying, "They were VERY hard workers that did a nice job every day, and MUCH cheaper than doing a proper repair on my Bayliner." Authorities apologized for the misunderstanding after their mistake was discovered when the boat collapsed on the trailer before their very eyes. A civil suit against the border patrol for the boat damage was filed on the same day. The owner is seeking $2.43 USD, the full actual cash value of the boat."<br /><br /> :D

Bondo

Staff member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) <br /><br />Typical Law Suit Happy Liberals,............<br /><br />Suing for Atleast 20 Times the True Valve..........

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll <br /><br />A troll is someone who posts for the sole purpose of provoking a negative reaction from the majority of other posters on the board. They cannot be reasoned with.<br /><br />There can be no other possible reason for posting this story and its follow-ups.<br /><br />If it makes you feel better to ridicule others for their boat choice, go for it. It's your personality defect.

Davenc

Seaman Apprentice

I own a Bayliner and thought this to be funny.<br />I guess I dont care who likes MY boat and who doesnt. I like it but can still laugh.

Bondo

Staff member

wikipedia <br />
Humour (Commonwealth English) or humor (American English) is the ability or quality of people, objects or situations to evoke feelings of amusement in other people. The term encompasses any form of entertainment or human communication which evokes such feelings, or which makes people laugh or feel happy.<br /><br />The origin of the term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which stated that a mix of fluids known as humours controlled human health and emotion.<br /><br />A sense of humour is the ability to experience humour, a quality which all people share, although the extent to which an individual will personally find something humourous depends on a host of absolute and relative variables, including but not limited to geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education and context. For example, young children (of any background) particularly favour slapstick, while satire tends to appeal to more mature audiences.<br /><br />People may find monkeys/apes funny just because of what they are and how they behave.
I Don't see a Troll here,............<br />I see Humor,.......<br />And,.........<br />IF you're going to own a Bilgeliner,........ You Really Need Thick Skin......<br />You Must have Known the Jokes, Before you bought Your boat.........<br />
A troll is someone who posts for the sole purpose of provoking a negative reaction from the majority of other posters on the board.
At this point,.......<br />I'd say there's a Majority here that Have a Sense of HUMOR.................... :D :D (See,.. Humor.!!)

mtsmith

Cadet

I own a 1998 Seaswirl, and it as bad as the worst Bayliner I ever saw. <br /><br />Know anyone looking at one of these send em my way. I am going to try to make sure they dont have as many problems as I have. I am sure like Bayliners there are some good Seaswirls around. Sure wish Id bought a good one. My 7th boat, and my first with issues 1/7 not bad.

TilliamWe

Banned

craze that's hilarious!!!! <br /> :D :D <br />Actually, wouldn't a 74 model Bayliner have been quality built? It seems in the 80's is where things got real bad.<br />Strato, lighten up a bit. You have a twin engine cruiser that you must love, and you probably paid a max 65% what the guy next door paid for his (Chap, Monterrey, Regal, Rinker, etc). Just smile & buy fuel with your savings, and send us pics from the places you can afford to go. :D We'll envy you as we sit on the dock, trying to figure out if we can put $20 of gas in or only $10 and still make our payment!

scottatwork

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My stepdad bought a 1987 Seaswirl and hasn't had a lick of trouble with it...

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys, I have as good of a sense of ha-ha as anyone, but this was such an obvious attempt to kick off yet another "discussion", that I jumped in and called it what it was.<br /><br />Two of the first six posts being from Bondo was the tip-off :rolleyes: <br /><br />TilliamWe, I like your post. If I had a sense of humour, I would have laughed :D

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by craze1cars:<br />
Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> two more people in structural areas under the cabin. <br />
Here's a continuation of the story that didn't make the news:<br /><br />"Upon extracting the people from the structural areas of the boat, it was discovered that they weren't individuals attempting to get into the US at all....in reality they were paid laborers who had been hired by the boat's owner for the sole purpose of holding up the floor and controlling hull flex due to rotted stringers. The owner was quoted as saying, "They were VERY hard workers that did a nice job every day, and MUCH cheaper than doing a proper repair on my Bayliner." Authorities apologized for the misunderstanding after their mistake was discovered when the boat collapsed on the trailer before their very eyes. A civil suit against the border patrol for the boat damage was filed on the same day. The owner is seeking $2.43 USD, the full actual cash value of the boat."<br /><br /> :D
That is to much :D :D :D <br /><br />Its not a troll Stratocaster. I must say from what I have seen of you boat you have a very nice ride. I am sure you put a lot of thought into your boat purchase and must have known of Bayliners past problems. Are they like that now a days? No. And I am not looking to bash Bayliners. I just thought the story was funny. I hope no offense was taken and if you get out of your defensive position you would find it funny to. (come on, how many jokes can start with, "there was three Mexicans in the bilge of a Bayliner"? :D ). Some of the best lessons were learned from the biggest blunders. You are one who get the benefits from past lessons learned. Every boat maker has a past and all isn't perfect. In fair play here is some ammo for you on me. The 24' version of my boat had a small problem when they made the first few. In heavy seas the boat had a tendency to split down the middle. That reputation followed them throughout there run with Nova Marine and followed when WellCraft started making them also. I myself have over $12000.00 (I stopped counting a long time ago) into a boat I paid $800.00 for and I bet yours is still a lot nicer. The chicks would be on your boat at the Inner Harbor (I am sure it has a bathroom :D ) before mine.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

This is just humor, nothing more. I guess I can't speak for other's, but it's certainly not a brand bash coming from me anyway.<br /><br />Maybe, in an effort to protect our more sensitive readers, I should have mentioned that my most recent used boat, a 1992 Rinker, had fully rotted stringers and engine mounts when I purchased it. Was a heckuva project to fix and cost a bit of cash for materials. And when I got up close and personal with the structure and the way it was designed, I was NOT impressed. And the last Bayliner I owned (early 80's model, no less) didn't have a bit of rot and seemed to hold together fairly well for me.<br /><br />Hmmm...that gets me thinking. Maybe I shoulda just hired a few cheap laborers to hold it together for me instead of actually fixing the Rinker...at the very least I woulda made the news!

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, OK, since no 'discussion' has ensued on the usual subject...I'll admit to perhaps being overly sensitive. Ya gotta admit, a thread like this is usually a lit fuse waiting for the bomb to go off.<br /><br />PS: Bondo, you said I must have heard the jokes before buying my Bayliner...sorry, that just wasn't the case! Bayliner bashing doesn't exist in the Pacific NW, and I didn't belong to any forums. I sea trialed about 6 boats before buying, only one was the Bay, and that was the one I ended up buying.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Here is another <br /><br /> Desert Rat <br /><br />I thought Bayliner just included a few with every purchase, you know one as the bilge pump (he comes with a small plastic cup) one as the engine blower (this one comes with a number of straws) three with flash lights (one red one green and one white) They will include more but they come under the option package!<br /> :D

marker

Cadet

I have a brunswick product and that is the funniest thing i heard all day,maybe one day i might need some Mexicans in my bilge,to support the transom

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Stratocaster:<br /> OK, OK, I'll admit to perhaps being overly sensitive. Ya gotta admit, a thread like this is usually a lit fuse waiting for the bomb to go off.<br />
Naw,...... Really,..??.....<br /><br />I Swear,... I Think you've got a Personal Search Engine that scans the Whole Internet, Constantly,....<br />Using the Search Words,.... "Bondo",+ "Bilgeliner"...... :rolleyes: <br /><br />And,..... It seems to Me that the Only Time these threads turn into Bombs,... <br />Is when You Attack Me, using My statements taken out of context.....<br />Many, Many times here,....(like This thread) Some of Us are having a Good Laugh,.. Ya Know,.. Ha, Ha, :D :D Humor,.....<br />And YOU create the Hostile responses......<br />Kinda like This 1,.... Only I'm not at all Pi$$ed,...... Yet........<br /><br />He!!,... A few months ago,... You,+ Your Buds attacked Me, Personally,.. And I Hadn't even posted on the thread......<br />Nope,.... I'd say it's Way More than "being overly sensitive"............ <br /><br />I Have Not,+ Do Not bash Bilgeliners to Current Owners,... I Still Try to Help them out with their Problems,... <br />Even the Poor Souls that bought a Bilgeliner with OMC power.....<br /><br />But,...... When somebody wanders in here,+ says they've found a 1986 Bilgeliner Capri, that Looks to be in Perfect Condition,.......<br />Ayuh,....... I have No Problem telling them that Looks are Deceiving.......<br />And,.... That Bilgeliners have had some Serious Quality Issues,.. Because They are Entry-Level Boats ..........<br />
PS: Bondo, you said I must have heard the jokes before buying my Bayliner...sorry, that just wasn't the case!
Well Mike,...... I'm Sorry you didn't do enough research on your purchase,......... :D <br />Here in the Northeast,..... Bilgeliner Bashing JOKES have been around since Bayliner started building boats..........<br /><br />Like I've said before,..........<br />If YOU'RE Happy with Your Boat,...... That's Great.......<br />But,... Just because You're Happy with your MegaLiner,.....<br />Doesn't change the FACT, that Bilgeliners ARE Entry-Level Boats................<br /><br />Oh,... BTW,...... I'll Still be here to Help You, When Your's Breaks.....................

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Huh, looks like there is at least one person more sensitive than me.<br /><br />And this?<br />
Oh,... BTW,...... I'll Still be here to Help You, When Your's Breaks.....................<br />
Likewise.