700E Direct Reversing NOT Peeing:(

Gotter running. Revved up pretty fast but can't tell if coolant is getting to the critical parts. :) Any suggestions on how to proceed. The "hire hand" is pouring over the manual. :confused: We are I must like the blind leading the blind. But we are happy fools. :D

gwmark78

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 700E Direct Reversing NOT Peeing:(

Techno- You should have a tell tale hole about 3/16' dia on your port side of the motor. It is most likely plugged and sometimes hard to spot. Should be towards the back and just below where the powerhesd bolts to the tower. If you find it,clean it out with a small stiff wire and then compressed air. With your cowling off, hold your hand on the exaust cover (port side) while running- this should get barely warm. If it gets hot-shut it down and get your book out to the section on lower unit repair. Probably new impeller for sure and make sure the two check valves are in good shape- must be closed and no holes/cracks.

Thanks GW, will check this out. Without further advice we had reached the conclusion that tear down was imminent. In light of your comments it may be a plug. We have a lot of ring rollers in this area and they have plug up the strangest things. Considering the amount of time this thing apparently sat neglected we are probably lucky to get running at all.:rolling eyes: I see you are from Spokane. That beig so, I will take a chance on the "small world syndrome" to mention my friend Reverand Brad Buff. Should you come in contact with him, please give him my regards. He is a Presbyterian and will regard it as no coincidence. ;)

gwmark78

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Techno, I do attend 1st Pres here but have not met Brad in my travels..will keep an eye out though.

I belive the church is "Northwood". He has been the pastor there for more than five years, I believe. His daughter graduated from High School this year. <br />Have you heard the one about the Presbyterian Pioneer who was ask why he carried a gun? Believing in predestination he should know that when his time came it would come and he answered back, yes but I may meet a few Indians whose time hase come. ;) <br /> Will update as soon as we follow your suggestions.

Boing. We are attempting to disassemble the 700E and finding contradictor indications. Any tips as to proceedure would be helpful. Book is useless and "splitting" the unit. Will Copper tubes remain connected to the power head?

After tear down we ran the pump with an electric motor. The pump worked and developed pressure. Not sure if it was sufficient to reach the top of the motor or if there was a proper seal between the pump orfice and the supply tube. :confused: Re-assembly and operation netted no positive results - engine would over heat unless extra water was forced in via the flush port. The "hired hand" felt that the input port was not sufficiently submerge to allow the pump to do its job. Balder pucky says I,but breaking the pump apart has not been accomplised so there may be nothing that can be done with regard to the operation of the pump itself. I held my thumb over the output of the pump and it did not blow it off but partial opening cause the water to spurt up into the "hired hands" face. :D That was enough to convince him that the pump was OK. Observations, comments, and disparaging remarks are being sought in the matter. Sincerely Yours :confused: :confused: :confused: