Warning Beep on QuickSliver Control

steveo555

Cadet
Hello Chaps,<br /><br />My 60HP Marinier (1990) has a Quicksilver control, when I start her up in the test tank a high pitched beep noise can be heard. I dont get the noise in the sea. I t happens as soon as I turn the key. If i leave it for a while then try it it goes but soon comes back quit quickly. Is this an engine overheat noise ie its not sucking enugh water up to cool it cos the test tank is too shallow or it it an oil or other problem? (Its a premix 50:1).

orca

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Warning Beep on QuickSliver Control

G,day Mate<br />If the motor was overheating then it would sound about 60 secs after starting. that is the length of time between starting the motor and reaching overheat temperature. <br />There are also other causes of the buzzer sounding, water in the plug to the instruments or a chafed wire in the control box for example.<br />Pip pip mate and good luck cobber.

steveo555

Cadet

Control box is new, must be water cos its been pissin down with rain here and I've had the cover off a couple of times!

Moody Blue

Captain

If the buzzer sounds as soon as you turn the key then I also suspect you have a bad connection somewhere. Try disconnecting the wire from the overheat switch and see if it still happens. If it does then the problem lies in the wiring somewhere between the motor and the control. If the problem goes away then the issue is with the switch itself. Try this as well. With the key in the RUN position, motor off, disconnect the wire from the overheat switch and touch it to ground. The buzzer should sound. If it doesn't then the module may be bad. Or as stated above you may have wiring issues to track down.