(Tip) Your inline 6 may pee good at iddle and still be getting Hot!

timmathis

Lieutenant
Here is A little tip that you can do to make sure all 6 are cooling. where your pee line comes out of your head it is A L fitting and goes down and out.That is only 1/2 way up your block so that only tells you that 6,5,&4 are getting water to them. And still pee good. That means your water pump could be only working 1/2 power and not cooling 1,2&3. So you can replace tour pee line with a longer one. and route it up and over all the way above #1 and then back down and out your pee hole. This way you can be sure that it is cooling all 6. Happy boating and long live those inline 6's Tim Mathis. Clemson S,C.

jheron

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: (Tip) Your inline 6 may pee good at iddle and still be getting Hot!

Good tip....Thanks :)

timmathis

Lieutenant

Oh yea, It's also A good idea to carry A wire or A piece of weed eater string with you! To unplug your pee hose they still can get cloged easy. Grass weed's Etc. (Buggs seem to like to get in there.)

gumball

Seaman Apprentice

haveing a brain fart- just mainly run a longer water line up to the top of the engine and back down to the pee hole? 1973 merc 150 inline 6, my bother in-law lost and engine from the #1 cylinder burning a hole in it due from overheating. i have already replace the water pump in my engine last week. thanks for the advice.

Clams Canino

Commander

Best to tap a fitting in the top of the block over #1 and run the pee hose off that. <br /><br />-W

gumball

Seaman Apprentice

i would be to leary to mess something up doing that.

timmathis

Lieutenant

WaZZZZZup, Clams

timmathis

Lieutenant

yes A longer Line up over # 1 Should do it. The best way would be to do like Clams said and tap #1. Just A bit more work.