L/U seal's

chumbucket

Petty Officer 1st Class
What's the cost (ball park) for good Merc shop for resealing L/u nowday's 150 Merc v6?? It's time to have it done.I'll let the pro's handle this one.

Laddies

Banned
Re: L/U seal's

Flat rate for seals alone on a V/6 is 2.7 hours seals and brgs.is 4.7 a seal kit about $55 and gear lube

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> be aware of the saltwater use foot notes :) <br />if there is no corrosion and we dont include R+R the case 2.7 is doable. if you add in 20 min of oxy acetylene and 45 min for cleaning and inspecting corrosion of the housing and 15 min to drill out the bearing carrier nut it may take a bit longer. in my area its about a 5 hour ordeal to strip it, clean the housing and reassemble it. I usually remove the driveshaft as well so toss in a pinion nut. usually I replace the lower base and upper pump housing assy. at 75 per hour if I spend 15 min messing with the old base and seals you have paid most the cost of a new one.<br />reassembling is the quick part :) :) <br /> dissasembly ,cleaning and inspection is the long part :) . so somewhere between 3 and 5 hours is normal.add another hundred for parts and your close

chumbucket

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rodbolt, Without pressure or vacuum it look's like the shift shaft bushing seen it's day. Bearing carrier nut, little corrosion. It's saltwater use but dont think i put 20hr's this year. I'll just get Mechanic to reseal L/U than dont have to be concerned about pulling boat out of slip (next season}Need a diver to work on L/U in slip. Thank's Gary Ps Did blues show up in surf last few yr's???

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

have not seen many blues but the stripers are thick :)