12FOOTER, about that rectifier . . . .

John Reynolds

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a plan of taking it apart, and using the round heat-sink plates as decoration around a modern full wave bridge rectifier to try to achieve a more authentic look for my Mercury Mark 55E. For years I've been using a 25-amp 50 volt radio Shack rectifier. I thought that I still had the old original selinium/iron-disk rectifier but I can't find it.

rwise

Captain
Re: 12FOOTER, about that rectifier . . . .

John<br />Try 918-836-1480 or boatpts444@aol.com Eric has a lot of stuff around, he's in Tulsa about 1.5 hours away.<br />Richard

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I got another one comming in the mail via ebay, and you can have the old one (if it will serve your purpose).<br />If it is the same one used on the '66 Merc 65HP.<br />I think it is.

John Reynolds

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK Thanks 12footer, I appreciate it. I'll e-mail you your address. Let me know what the shipping will be so that I can reimburse you

John Reynolds

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please send me an e-mail if you will when you have some time to deal with that rectifier

NathanY

Commander

I have a rectifier for your motor. Shoot me an email.

John Reynolds

Petty Officer 1st Class

12footer, you said that you got another one comming in the mail via ebay, and that I could have the old one. Just wondering if you ever got your replacement.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes, sorry, it did, i'm here. I don't usually browse down very far, tending to answer only those posts with zero replies...Good thing you bumped it up where I could see it :rolleyes: <br /><br />My email is seanzaw@aol.com until next Wednesday...After that, it's DSL and a new ISP.<br />I have the old one boxed and waiting for address.<br /><br />BTW, It is operative, as is the one that came in the mail. I don't trust these tho, and would like to make an authentic-looking bridge rectifier like you described.<br />50VDC @ 25A holds-up ok?

John Reynolds

Petty Officer 1st Class

I already bought an old one from Bob shapton for a few bucks while I was ordering some decals from him. I've ordered a couple of slim-packaged bridge rectifiers that should sandwich nicely between the plates of an old silicon-iron-disk unit. These thin ones are rated at 20 amps 50 volts PIV, which is still plenty, since being an alternator from an older motor will put out far less than 20 amps. <br /> The radio Shack 25-amp rectifier works nicely but not too authentic looking.<br /> Perhaps you'd better go ahead and hold onto your old rectifier, since you might be interested in having a rectifier that looks old-style but is modern electronically, and I will send you instructions and information about the one that I'm making. There is no question about it working electrically, just making it look as good as possible.<br />Or if you like, you could send me your rectifier anyway and I could make two and send you one?