two step latters

nightvision

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all,<br />So what is the secret/tricks for getting out of the water on a two steps latter. I'm still in the process of figuring this out. I'm only 5 feet 5 inches and it's tough to get on a two steps latter. <br /><br />The way I do it is put the left knee on the last rung which will stablize me and then I put the right foot on the last rung, followed by my left foot. Then I push really hard to straighten out the legs. This seems to work for me.<br /><br />Would a three step latter make it easy to get in and out of the boat? I like to take older family members out for a swim and want to make sure they can get back in without much problems.<br /><br />Thanks.

sergioy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: two step latters

It is just matter fo upper body strengh. Once you get used to it it is really easy. My son who does not have much upper body strength steps on the outdrive to help him get on. He has never gotten hurt doing it this way, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did some day. Course i've been hurt trying to get on while in rough waters. :mad:

milkyway

Chief Petty Officer

Only solution is getting a longer ladder.

rdharley3

Cadet

I installed a 4 step telescoping S.S. ladder on my swim platform that helped 100%. When I need it I fold it out off the swim platform it telescope completely down into the water and no extra effort is needed to hit the first rung, and reverse when i am ready to get underway. Worth every penny I spent on it.<br /><br />RDH