Does anyone now where I can find it?

Bill Mattor

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1960 40hp seahorse. Need the lower housing unit. Have the prop.<br /><br />Wondering if anyone out there knows where I can find one and what I might expect to pay.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Billy

joaklay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Does anyone now where I can find it?

You'll find one on Ebay. If not today, keep looking as one will show up there sooner or later, common.<br /> As for price, under $100 shipped for a good one.

KYHunter2

Chief Petty Officer

Go to ebay and find dadsboatparts, he is very helpfull, reasonable on prices , and has alot of parts. Fast shipping too. If you send me your email address I can give you his phone number.<br /> KYHunter

Bill Mattor

Seaman Apprentice

joaklay, I have had bad luck on the ebay and the sooner is what I'm lookng for.<br /><br />KYHunter2, How do I get your addy? Would like to make contact with dasboatparts. Does he have a web site?<br /><br />THANKS ALL

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

You can find him at :<br /><br />stores.ebay.com/dads-boat-stuff<br /><br />Click on anything he has for sale and his email addy is in there...

KYHunter2

Chief Petty Officer

Like rick said. LOL I haven't , knock on wood, had anything but good results at e-bay. <br /> Just like anywhere else, do a little research. The feedback info. , though not foolproof, is a decent indicator , of a good/bad seller. <br /> I know about dads now , and anything I need, that he has . I will buy from him. Him and his wife, are very friendly. They go out of their way, to try to help. Shipping is very fast . <br /> Just all around great people to deal with.<br /> KYHunter :)

Bill Mattor

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks KY and Rick,<br />I have made the contact with Dad. Just looking at some of the stuff he has, and the prices, makes me realize how bad I have been scewed by the boat yards around here.

Bill Mattor

Seaman Apprentice

Hey!! Thanks to all! Skip is an up right man. He doesn't have the lower unit I need.<br />I have some other contacts in the Adirondacks but it's a don't call come take a look around type operation. Guess I'll spend the Beer Fund on fuel and go for a look see.

KYHunter2

Chief Petty Officer

Billy, if you cant find one post and let me know. I know of a guy in KY. that would probably have what you need . He's cheap too.<br /> KYHunter