Please help me find my parts

bman72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everyone,<br />I just purchased a used champion 15' bassboat and it has a 65HP Johnson outboard on it. According to the info I found on the engine tag and the internet, it is a model number 65ESLR73R 1973 Johnson 65HP outboard engine. I am looking for a carb rebuild kit to rebuild the 3 carbs that it has. Also, the preveious owner has the starter off the engine and said that the brushes need replacing. I have the starter in my hand and have found numbers on it (MGD 4110 12V) but I am unable to match it to anything in the parts section of this website - all of the part numbers for the Jonhson starters start with an 18-#. Can anyone here help me find what carb rebuild kits, starter or starter brushes and impeller I need for this engine? This engine has been sitting for 2 years so I plan to rebuild the carbs, replace impeller, replace starter brushses, spark plugs and wires, and just get her ready for the water. I would appreciate anyones help in locating what parts I need as well as any advice. I feel pretty cumfy operating a wrench so I can tackle about any job needed except what a machinist needs to do. :D <br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Brent

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Please help me find my parts

Brent,<br /><br />go here, they will have everything you need:<br /><br /> web page<br /><br />Carb Kit # is Sierra 187042<br /><br />OMC # is 0396701

bman72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Please help me find my parts

Rick,<br /><br />I really appreciate that link - it was exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch.<br /><br />Brent